Nine

The two exit the small cafe in downtown Derry hand in hand. The taller of the two said he had something to show the other, much shorter boy. The two fall into a comfortable silence as Richie pulls Eddie toward a sort of romantic location.
Richie has always been a romantic, he can remember his the first girlfriend he ever had. In sixth grade he had a 'crush' on a girl called Beverly marsh, the two dated for about two weeks and then broke up. Richie later told Beverly that he thought he had a crush on her, but really he just wanted to be friends.

He remembers someone bringing up their short lived relationship at their middle school graduation and both Beverly and Richie being repulsed by the thought of them dating.

Although he would never admit it, Richie was scared, scared of getting his heartbroken, scared of rejection. Eddie was too, but like his curly haired soon-to-be boyfriend, would never admit it.

The two finally arrive at the location that Richie was talking about. Eddie removed his eyes from staring at his red Chuck Taylor's.

His eyes were met with a short bridge going over what must have used to be a small river. They were outside the limits of Derry so the stars were visible. Eddie felt his breath to be stolen from his already not adequate lungs.

"Rich. . . This is beautiful." He said in awe, It came out as almost a whisper, If Richie hadn't been standing so close than he wouldn't of heard. "Just like you, Eds." Richie said, walking up behind Eddie and wrapping his arms around his small waist and resting his head atop of the shorter boy.

This is the man I'm going to marry, i swear.

Was the only thing Richie could think in that moment.
He didnt know that he actually would be marrying the shoter boy who's head he was resting on.

"Do you know how to dance?" Richie asks, pulling away from the brunette.
"Um. . Not really." Eddie said rubbing the back of his neck. He glances around him and looks into Richie's dark hazel eyes. Even being surrounded with breath taking stars, Richie was still the most beautiful thing that he could see.
"C'mon it's not that hard." Richie says, pulling Eddie in and placing his hands at his hips. Eddie takes his hands and rests then around the back of Richie's neck. The two start to sway slowly and move closer to eachother. Richie reaches into his pokect pulls out his phone and Eddie's ears are met with the sound of a song that was filling his ears just minutes ago. (on top)

🎶 "Now the night is coming to an end

Ooooooooooooh

The sun will rise, and we will try again

Ooooooooooooooh" 🎶

Eddie wraps his arms around Richie's neck and pulls him in closer as they sway to the soft sounds of the song coming from the curly haired boys' phone. They both aren't aware that this night will be something they hold dear too their hearts for years to come.

🎶 Stay alive, Stay alive for me

You will die but now your life is free

Take pride in what is sure to die

I will fear the night again

Ooooooooooooh

Hope I'm not my only friend

Ooooooooooooh

Stay alive, Stay alive for me

You will die but now your life is free

Take pride in what is sure to die 🎶

As that song ended the two pressed their lips together softly. "Thank you, Rich. This place is beautiful, and so are you." Eddie says resting his face on Richie's chest and humming the tune of Truce by Twenty One Pilots. The two sway to the sound of Eddie's humming. The only thought in either of their minds were about the other.

"You wanna head back Ed's?" Richie says before kissing the top of the brunette's head. "Mmm. . Okay." Eddie's says. Without warning he jumps up into Richie's arms. His legs find a comfortable spot on the taller boys' hips and he rests his head on Richie's shoulder. Richie responds with only a small chuckle and a quick kiss to Eddie's jaw.
"Eddie, you sure you want to walk home like this?" Richie asks the shorter teen. "Yep." Replies Eddie almost immediately.
"Alright then, bubba." Richie starting to walk the way to his house. Eddie can't help but blush at the petname.

(744 words)