Eight

Eddie's pov

Me and Richie walk into the café hand in hand. I look up at his lips which were on mine just minutes ago and I came feel my heartbeat speed up.
I cant help but to smile to myself as he wraps his arms around me in a big hug. I look up and place a quick kiss on his rather sharp jawline before walking over to a table in the corner of the café.
I watch a few costumers come in, one of them even tries to flirt with Richie, he says something before pointing to me and the girl looks horrified.
I open my phone and see a few texts from bill.

(Bill is bold Eddie is regular)

Hey Eddie spaghetti, hows it goin with rich? Stan told me you guys are hanging out.
7:45 pm

Stan and I have been at a bench by the quarry for about half and hour just watching the sunset fade into the stars
8 pm

Holy crap! He kissed me!
8:05 pm

Awww bill that so cute!
8:20 pm

It's gone well with richie, he kissed me too!
8:22 pm

You and stan make such a cute couple
8:25 pm

You and richie are cuter and you know that
8:30 pm

Maaaybe
8:33 pm

I gotta go Ed's! Talk later! Love you :)
8:34 pm

Love you too Billiam 💕
8:35 pm

I close my phone and look up to be greeted by Richie handing me a small mug. "Here bubba, I made you a latte. Its decaf dont worry." Richie says leaning down and pecking my lips. "Thanks, handsome." I say back, ruffling his hair curly black hair.
He chuckles lightly as he walks back over to the counter.

I look down into the latte and see a milk drawing in the shape of a heart. I smile widely down at the drink. I pull out my phone and snap a quick picture. I look up at the clock and realise there's only about twenty minutes left on Richie's shift. I grab my black earbuds from my pocket, plug them into my phone and put on some music. I sigh happily as the soft sounds of my favorite song fill my ears. (The song I put at the top)

🎶 "Sippin' on straight chlorine

Let the vibe slide over me

This beat is a chemical, beat is a chemical

When I leave dont save my seat

I'll be back when its all complete

Moment is medical moment is medical "🎶

And before i knew it the song had ended, only to be replaced with another one, which I have many memories tied to.

🎶 " Now the night is coming to an end

Oooooooooooo

The sun will rise and we will try again

Oooooooooooo

Stay alive, Stay alive for me

You will die, but now your life is free " 🎶

My mind flashes back to the all too many times I thought about taking my own life, and ending it all. This song, this band, are the only reasons I never did and I've never told anyone that. It honestly still crosses my mind sometimes, ending it. Not nearly as often, as it used too. My heart hurts a little remembering when I saw twenty one pilots live, more than ten different people shouted about how they did stay alive when the two played this song, myself among them. I feel a little swell of pride for my over coming of it.

I feel warm arms being wrapped around my waist. I look over and see Richie. "Whatca listening to Eddie?" He said taking one of my earbuds and putting it into his ear. He puts on a slight smile as he pops the earbud back into my ear. "That song saved my life so many times." I say under my breath. He must have heard because he tightened his grip around me, "Dont think that you have to hide anything from me bubba, I'm here for you and i always will be."

"I'm here for you, too."
I say laceing our fingers together. "Back to my house?" Richie asks. "Sounds good." I say standing up.

(705 words)