Twenty

Richie walked out of his house and towards him and Eddie's meeting spot with a lump forming in his throat. He called Eddie ten times this morning and each of them were immediately declined. He tried texting the boy, as well, but to no avail.

When Richie arrives at the tree the two lovers had been meeting at for three weeks now, Eddie isn't there. The fear that something had gone wrong was starting to settle inside of his bones.
Richie took a deep breath and walked school.

I'm sure he's fine, worrying isn't going to do me any good. He thought.
Richie hoped that his day would be normal, but it couldn't be. Eddie had become normal for him, and without Eddie he felt empty, like how you feel right after a frien leves your house leaving you home alone.

Richie spent time with the other losers and they all agreed that he has no reason to worry, Eddie probably just has a cold. That didnt stop Richie's endless worries, though, it increased them, if anything.
The other losers didn't notice his anxiousness, but Stan did.

"Rich, are you alright?" Stan asked at lunch. Usually Richie would say he was fine, even if he wasn't, but today was far from the usual. "Stan. . . I haven't heard from him since last night. What if, what if his mom found out about us?" Richie replied, extremely worriedly.

"Rich, I understand why you're worried, but I'm not really sure of anything I can do to help." Richie had an idea, he was almost positive Stan wouldn't like it, but it was worth a try. "Maybe we could skip the rest of the day? Like go see a movie or something." Rich suggested, he was almost sure it would be a no, so was Stan. "I guess so." Was what came out of Stanley's mouth.

The two teens left the school on their bikes and went towards the movie theater.

"Stan," Richie said after the two has been biking for a few minutes followed by, "These last few weeks i haven't really hung out with you at all. I'm sorry." Stan sighed softly, "Its okay Rich."
The two rode in silence the rest of the way to the theater.

"What movie should we see?" Stan asked as the two boys locked up their bikes. "There's this horror movie, The Turning, that I've wanted to see for awhile. I dont think it's in the theater's anymore though," Richie answered. Stan was not surprised that it was a horror movie his best friend wanted to see, Richie had always loved horror movies and novels.

Stan could remember the day he and Richie met Eddie Richie had his nose in one of his favorite Stephen King novels, The Shining.

The boys walked in and purchased their tickets for the movie that Richie suggested.

The entire time that they were watching the movie Richie was thinking about Eddie. He was worrying about Eddie.

When they Stan made a few statements about how Richie looked almost exactly like one of rhe characters in the movie, Miles. To which Richie replied: "You're not the first person to tell me that I look like Finn Wolfhard."