Chapter 5

I'm standing next to the bar waiting for my drink when I see a familiar mop of brown curls on the other side of the pub. He's talking to some blonde, his face holding a flirty smile making that dimple in his cheek pop. I can tell he is saying something charming yet inappropriate by the look in his eyes and the way the girls' cheeks are flushed red. He is so arrogant. Bodies shuffle back and forth as I continue to watch him in small glimpses. Finally I force myself to shift my attention somewhere else after staring for too long. But before I can look away I see a guy approach them, he is massive, standing a few inches taller than Harry.

The guy has to be double Harry's weight if not more. I watch as he suddenly shoves Harry backwards and places his large frame between Harry and the blonde Harry had been flirting with. Now the interaction has my full attention. I can tell both men are far too intoxicated by their lack of coordination. I'm assuming the giant that just showed up is the blondes boyfriend judging by the anger radiating off of him and the terrified look on the girls' face.

I can't get myself to look away as I watch the men argue back and forth, sharing heated stares. I have no doubt Harry can talk his way out of this too. But when I see the guy shove him again and Harry not backing down his anger continuing to grow as he balls his hands into tight fists I know this won't end well. I start to look around the pub hoping to see one of our friends in sight to stop him. But I can't see any of them in the large crowd. Shit. I know I can't just stand here and watch this guy beat the crap out of Harry. I'm left with no choice as I start pushing my way through the crowded pub hoping I can make it to him before the giant messes up his pretty face.

The logical part of my brain is telling me to stay out of it, but the other half of me for some reason cringes at the idea of seeing Harry hurt, even if he brought it on himself. I make it through the last group of people standing between me and the angry men to find them inches apart, the giants large hands balled into fists ready to knock Harry out at any second. I don't allow myself time to think as I rush towards them placing my small body between the two men. I push Harry backwards ignoring the feeling that I get by touching him and creating distance between the men before I face the giant and find myself pleading with him.

"I'm really sorry, he's drunk. Whatever he said, he didn't mean. Please don't," My voice comes out more frightened than I expected it to as I ramble ignoring Harry's glare that I can feel behind me. But I'm more worried about what the angry man in front of me will do than Harry's attitude.

"You better get this asshole out of here before I beat the shit out of him," the guys deep voice rings out and I know the words are meant for me even though his eyes stay locked on Harry's above my head. The intensity of his voice sends a shiver down my spine.

Harry's body is so close to mine I can feel his body warmth behind me. Without another word I turn around to Harry, my hands spread flat on his chest shoving him towards the door. He stands his ground at first fighting me, but finally shifts his eyes from the giants to mine and gives in.

"Go!" I snap at him; my eyes are pleading with him but anger is radiating through my harsh shoving. He turns walking through the crowded pub and out the door into the chilly night.

"What the hell was that!?" He yells turning to face me and throwing his hands into the air dramatically and stumbling a little.

I'm not that surprised that his anger has now shifted from the giant to me, but even though I expected it that doesn't mean it's justified.

"Excuse me? I just saved you from getting your ass beat. How about a thank you," I say glaring at him. His green eyes flick to mine, they are dark and heated, but still hazy in his intoxicated state. He stares at me his jaw clenched and I can't look away.