Chapter 46

//Chapter Song: You Be The Anchor That Keeps My Feet On The Ground, I'll Be The Wings that Keep Your Heart In The Clouds by Mayday Parade//

We were supposed to have a nice dinner together. Go on an actual date and enjoy our last night together before Harry leaves in the morning. That was the plan and it started out great.

Harry picked me up from my apartment with a bouquet of flowers in hand. Dressed in a soft white button-up shirt and teal colored slacks. He looked effortlessly handsome with his messy hair.

He took me to a small restaurant near O'Connells that I have never been to before. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was calm and relaxing. We spent most of the evening laughing and talking about nothing in particular.

Then on the walk back to my apartment everything seemed to explode out of nowhere.

"We are going to have to talk about how we are going to make this work," I sigh keeping hold of Harry's hand and looking up at him walking next to me.

He keeps gaze straight ahead as he walks. "We'll figure it out," he says brushing off my worry.

"Really" I scoff pulling away and walking ahead of him. I just want him to talk about it for a minute. Why can't he just say we can set a time to call everyday or something simple to reassure me. He just keeps pushing the topic away.

"What?" Harry snaps following after me as we approach my apartment building.

"Nothing," I mutter under my breath punching in the code to my building and walking up the stairs towards my front door.

"Well what the fuck do you want me to say Anna!" Harry yells at me while I struggle to find my keys in my bag. Everything keeps escalating so fast lately.

"Anything! I don't care anymore! Just say something! I am tired of the silence!" I yell back shoving my key into the door and flinging it open. At least my neighbors won't have to deal with us much longer, I can't help but think.

"Fine! How about I want you to stop looking at me like I planned this. Like I want to leave you!" He yells and I spin around to face his angry and conflicted eyes.

His words hit my weakest spot. Because I am so angry at the universe for bringing me to him just to take him away. I am so upset and pissed off that he is leaving that my anger is affecting him too. We keep going in circles with this same argument.

"I know you don't want to leave me!" I shout back at him but the words come out more desperate than angry now.

His chest is heaving and his jaw clenched tightly. We are both so angry and we are taking it out on each other.

"Then stop looking at me like that!" He snaps with disgust lacing his words.

I harshly throw all my things onto my couch letting out a strangled breath. "I'm sorry," I whine running my hands over my face. I can feel the giant lump forming in my throat as it tightens. I just want to stop feeling like this all the time.

I can hear Harry sigh heavily behind me followed by the sound of the front door shutting. My head snaps up in his direction afraid that he left but he's still standing there. I watch him as his long legs take only a few steps to reach me.