Chapter 26

Before I even open my eyes the first thing I register is Harry's familiar body wrapped around me. When my eyelids flutter open I find him halfway on top of me. He is laying on his stomach, he must of removed his shirt during the night because now his bare torso is keeping me warm. His arm is wrapped around me while his legs are intertwined with mine letting his chin rest on my shoulder. This is the closest I have ever woken up to him. I can feel his steady breathing in both the way his chest rises and falls against me and his warm breath creates goosebumps on my skin. 

"Harry," I whisper leaning in closer to his relaxed and adorable sleeping face.

A deep hum comes from his throat but his eyes remain closed as he tightens his arm around me and tucks his face into my neck. I smile as I can smell his shampoo in his hair. I use my free hand to run my fingers through his hair and down his bare back allowing my fingernails to graze his skin lightly. I watch his muscles flex under his skin earning a satisfied groan from him at my touch.

"Harry get up," I whisper again trying to coax him out of sleep.

"What time is it?" He mumbles lowly his voice deep and raspy from sleep. But he doesn't move from his comfortable spot or open his eyes.

"It's early," I tell him knowing he won't like it but hoping he will get up anyway.

"Then go back to sleep," he whines snuggling into me even closer if it was even possible.

I chuckle at his whining and pinch at his side making him squirm. I found out after sharing a bed with him a few times that he is very ticklish and he gets mad at me every time I use it to my advantage.

"Don't you dare." He warns finally raising his head his green eyes glaring at me. I smirk at him, not threatened at all by his sleepy state.

"I want to take you somewhere. Come on get up." I inform him looking into his eyes that are so close I can see all the different flecks of green in them.

He sighs letting his head fall onto my chest. The action is innocent, without any other motive but it makes my pulse race. I don't move or say another word as he lays there, as if we both agreed without words to allow ourselves one more quiet minute before we face the world.

The way that he makes me feel is like nothing I have ever experienced. I wish things were easier. I wish it was as simple as wanting him and that was the end of it. Why do feelings and life have to be so complicated all the time.

When we make it out of the house everyone is still sleeping. I grab my mothers keys off the rack and now we are heading into the peaceful small town I spent my childhood in.

"Where are we going?" Harry asks from the passenger seat still not fully awake yet.

"Don't worry about it," I laugh glancing over to catch him as he rolls his eyes.

"Come on! First you make me get up early, on what is supposed to be a vacation might I add." He says giving me a look. "Now you won't tell me where you are taking me," he groans dramatically.

I shake my head trying not to laugh at his sour morning attitude. I reach over turning down the music he put on when we got into the car about fifteen minutes ago.

"Okay, first we are getting coffee and food from my favorite little café. Then I am taking you somewhere else, but that's all I am telling you." I tell him because I don't want to listen to him complaining the whole drive.