Chapter 34

I tug my coat off as Harry walks past me and straight into my kitchen.

I want to ask him if we can tell everyone tonight that we are together, but I don't know if I want to deal with all the questions from the girls right now. I know all the girls will be excited for me and have a million questions to ask. And as much as I want them to know, I really just want to hang out and have fun. Even if I will have to act like Harry and I are barely speaking.

I can't help but wonder what Liam will think whenever Harry tells him. For some reason I feel like Liam wouldn't approve of us being together.

"I have a weird question," I say walking into the kitchen to find harry going through my fridge. He looks up his green eyes focusing on me. "Does Liam not like me for some reason?" I ask as my mind replays the many weird interactions I have had with him over the few months I have known him.

"Why would you say that?" Harry questions giving me a puzzled look as he shuts the fridge giving me his full attention.

"Because he acts like he hates me all the time," I state feeling like Harry has to have noticed the way Liam has treated me before. "I mean he gives me these weird looks and what about what he said on Thanksgiving. I mean it's not crazy for me to think the guy isn't very fond of me." I say looking away.

He sighs and his face turns almost angry. I don't know why he would be angry. Did I do something to make Liam not like me without me knowing it?

"It's not you," Harry sighs and I look back at him to find him studying my kitchen floor.

"What do you mean?" I question, confused by what his words are implying.

His eyes meet mine and his face softens. He nods towards the living room hinting at me to follow before grabbing my hand and pulling me to the couch with him. I cross my legs and sit facing his side as I study his expression trying to figure out where this is going. My knees are resting lightly against his thighs and I have to ignore the way my body feels being so close to his so I can focus on his words.

"It's not that he doesn't like you," He says staring at where his fingers are playing with mine absentmindedly. I notice he does that a lot, plays with my fingers whenever he gets too nervous to look at me while he talks.

"I actually think he likes you quite a lot but he would never tell you that." he chuckles and looks up at me. "He hasn't asked me directly but I think he knows something has been going on with us since the moment I met you." A small smile forms on his lips and my heart flutters at the thought that he too felt it from the very beginning. "I think he is just worried. He was there after Michael passed and he saw what it did to me. I think he is just worried about me getting bad like that again." he says quietly.

I don't know what to say. I know Harry acted out after he lost his brother but he has never told me any details. I can understand Liam being worried about his friend's well being but I would never intentional do anything to hurt Harry, or cause him to spiral out of control. Just the thought of Harry going through something like that again makes me sick to my stomach.

"I wouldn't let that happen," I say quietly placing my hand on his cheek looking into his intense green irises.

"I know. I would never let myself get bad like that again anyway." He says without a doubt.

"How bad was it?" I nervously ask biting on my bottom lip as my eyes search his face.

His eyes shift down to his lap but not before I can see the traces of disappointment and guilt hidden in them. I am about to tell him that he doesn't have to tell me. Because I don't know if I can handle watching him relive that time in his life but he speaks before I can.