Chapter 14

It's now Saturday night and we are all shoved into a booth at O'Connell's. It's the usual crowd, our small but growing group of me, Piper, Chloe, Liam and Harry along with Ellie who is becoming a more frequent addition. Apparently Piper really likes her, but it's still casual. She is the youngest of us all and very sweet and quiet compared to our group.

Harry and I haven't said a word to one another since our little argument in the hallway at the restaurant last night. If you can even call it an argument.

It was more like me being petty because he was giving attention to Becca and I hated it. But I would never admit that to him. I am the one who told him I wanted to be friends so why is the idea of him with someone else bothering me so much. Besides there is no reason for me to feel jealous, Harry is not mine.

But I would like to know why he seems to hate everyone all the time. I wonder what's wrong with Louis. I mean Harry even seems to dislike everyone in our friend group most of the time, besides Liam.

The guys just finished another great show. I finally got to hear one of the songs Harry has written. Not that he told me about it, but Piper informed me it was one of his when they started playing it.

Harry is sat next to Liam on the other side of the booth from me. He is basically ignoring me which I expected. Not that I am trying to talk to him anyway. Though I'm finding myself slightly disappointed to not be receiving the amount of attention I didn't know I wanted from him.

Thanksgiving is this week and since I'm not able to go home Piper is helping me plan a dinner at her place because it's much bigger than mine. Considering she is British and has never celebrated Thanksgiving she is overly excited at the idea of me introducing her to the American holiday.

I throw the idea out to everyone to see if they would like to join because I plan on making a giant dinner. Everyone seems more excited than I expected which I love. Harry doesn't respond or look at me while I talk instead he continues to twirl the rings on his fingers staring at the table.

About an hour later I have just left the pub and start my walk home when I hear Harry's voice call my name. I turn around to see him jogging to catch up to me. He now has a black beanie pulled over his curls and his black coat on that I love. He also has a bag slung over his shoulder. I am a little surprised to see him leaving because it's only a little after midnight and I know everyone will probably still be hanging out for a while. And I am even more surprised that he is talking to me right now.

"Hey," I say almost like a question as he finally reaches me breathing a little heavy from his jog in the cold.

"Hey Sugar Buns," he teases as we continue to walk down the street.

I automatically stop walking at his strange change in mood and acting as if we both haven't been ignoring each other since yesterday.

"You're talking to me now?" I question.

"Oh come on, you were just annoying me before." he shrugs with a small smile.

"Excuse me?" I question offended by his words. I was being annoying?

"I was irritated. Now I want to hang out," he says like his words make perfect sense. Is he on something right now? He can't be serious.

"Are you drunk?" I ask seriously trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

"No." he states looking offended by my words.

I just continue to stare at him confused because I have no idea what to say or how we went from ignoring each other to him wanting to hang out.

"We are friends right? We can't hang out?" he questions with a goofy smile and I can feel myself giving into him and his mood swings.

I kind of thought he would find himself a girl to flirt with once I left. But considering he is here walking with me instead, I would rather not bring it up and ruin it.