Chapter 32

"I was thinking," Harry says suddenly staring up at me from where his head is placed on my lap.

"You were thinking?" I tease smiling as I continue to run my fingers through his curls and turn my focus from my school book to his green eyes.

"You know, you are not as funny as you think," He says with playfulness in his tone as he pokes my side making me squirm and giggle.

"What were you thinking?" I ask with a smile ignoring his comment.

"Do you want to come over to my place?" He asks softly, gazing up at me.

A smile covers my face at the sweetness and slightly reserved way he asked the question. The idea of seeing Harry's place makes me incredibly excited. I can't believe I have known him this long and have never seen it.

When I had asked Piper weeks ago what his place looked like she told she had never been there before. I had always assumed that he was roommates with Liam but she told me he had his own place and that he doesn't usually invite people over. Surprise. Surprise.

"Yes," I say nodding my head excitedly. My excitement radiates to him as his smile grows and dimples pop at my reaction.

Harry is at my place so often he basically knows exactly where everything is. I think the place you live and how you choose to decorate it and the things it holds are so personal. And the fact that Harry wants to show me his place brings a smile to my face and warms my heart.

"Do you want to go now? If I lay here any longer I'll fall asleep." His eyelashes flutter as his green irises remain fixed on me with a faint smile on his lips.

"Alright, lets go." I say and he sits up from his spot pulling me up after him.

It doesn't take us long to get out of my apartment and start our walk towards his place. Harry is surprisingly calm. He is not fidgety or running his hands through his hair. I don't know if it is because his large hand is holding tightly to mine, or if he has finally gotten to the point where he is comfortable being open with me. Where he no longer has to fight the urge to run away.

My fingers are slightly numb from the cold as they are laced through his as we walk but I don't mind. Because the way his thumb continues to rub softly without him seeming to notice he is doing it makes me never want to let go. I have only held the hands of a few others, but none have left me with this feeling. My hands would start to feel clammy and sweaty leaving me counting the seconds until they would let go. But not Harry, even if his hand was sweaty or covered in dirt or any other thing that would make me not want to hold his hand; I would still never want to let go.

It takes about twenty minutes to walk from my place to his building. O'Connell's pub is just about halfway between our places. When we finally stop the building in front of me is an old white Victorian looking building that must hold at least twenty apartments maybe more. Silence falls between us as I follow Harry inside and the man behind the desk gives us a smile and Harry nods in return. Despite the old looking exterior the inside is up to date and modern. This place must cost him a fortune.

We take the stairs to the forth and top floor, and Harry stops at the second door on the left. When he opens the door and I follow him in, I am pleasantly surprised at how clean it is. The entry leads directly into a hallway, the living room straight ahead and much like my apartment he has a large window which gives light to the space. To the left is a decent kitchen with modern appliances and design, there is an open counter top so you can see through to the living room.

Harry is quiet not having said a word since we entered the building and I turn to find him watching me carefully.

"It's very clean," I smile trying to ease his sudden anxiousness.