Chapter 10

It's been a week and I haven't seen Harry since I slammed my door in his face. He texted me a few times apologizing, but I don't even think he knows why he's apologizing. Not that it matters because whatever short time we shared together and whatever small connection I may have felt is now gone to me. Whatever it was that I thought we both felt obviously wasn't there. Him blowing me off and making out with some girl on the other side of the pub while I waited like an idiot to hang out with him is enough to make me not want to talk to him ever again.

It's finally November and I have officially been here for around two months and life is finally starting to feel settled despite my most recent incidents with Harry. It can be lonely sometimes in my apartment alone, but overall I am loving getting to explore this city that I have always loved.

It's gloomy this Tuesday afternoon as I shove my hands deeper into my coat pockets wishing I had a coffee to keep them warm as I walk the last few streets to work. The heat of the shop is a welcomed relief as I open the door to the store. Today it's just Piper and I in the store, but Charlotte said that since Christmas season is coming soon that we should be getting busier. And once that happens Niall, Piper, and I should all be working at the same time to keep up with the inventory and customers.

Piper greets me with her usual smile from behind the register and her presence automatically makes me happier. She is definitely the closest friend I've ever had. We just seem to understand one another. She is fun and happy but she is also there whenever I need her.

She seems to have some kind of sixth sense because I swear she knows something is up with me this week. She keeps making weird comments like, "I'm always around if my friends need to talk" and "sometimes people don't need to talk about things they just need someone to sit with them."

I have a feeling she keeps saying these things as her way to tell me she's here for me without pushing me to tell her anything. It's actually really sweet and I appreciate her thoughtfulness more than she will ever know. It's nice to have her around since my sister is all the way back in New York and she is busy with wedding planning and work.

I've been telling Piper about some of my families Thanksgiving traditions for the last hour. Thanksgiving is only three weeks away and I'm sad to be missing it this year. But it's too expensive to buy a flight home for Thanksgiving and then again a few weeks later for Christmas.

The bell on the shop door chimes letting us know a customer has come in. We are in the middle of dying with laughter as I tell her about the time my little brother stole the bag of marshmallows my mom needed for her sweet potato casserole and how he ate them all before we could figure out he took them. I have never seen my mother so annoyed with my brother before. But as soon as the customer comes into focus my face drops and my throat feels like its closing up. When Piper notices my expression she spins around to see who it is.

"Harry what are you doing here?" Piper says with both irritation and confusion in her voice.

He walks the short distance to the front counter in silence then places the cup of coffee I didn't realize he was holding in front of me. "This is for you," he mumbles softly. His words are quiet and his actions reserved as he shoves his hands into his pockets. "Can I talk to you please?" He says looking at me with desperate eyes and ignoring Piper completely.

This is the last place I expected to see him and honestly I didn't think I would hear from him again. I don't know why he's here. He obviously doesn't really want to be friends after ignoring me for a week and the whole night at the pub. I figure after I yelled at him and slammed my door in his face he would finally get the point. But here he is, again.