Chapter 37

I rushed out of Piper's searching for Harry, hoping he didn't run off, but I couldn't see him anywhere. I tried calling a few times but he never answered. The line ringing each time until the automated voicemail played.

I could see how upset the entire argument with Liam had made him. Liam's words didn't just make him angry they hurt him. Liam said the exact words that Harry has always been afraid of.

I thought about going to Harry's apartment to see if he was there but decided to give him some space. I want to be there for him but he was so angry that it's probably best I let him come to me. I just hope he does this time.

It was starting to get dark out and colder so I reluctantly headed back to my apartment alone.

After hearing Liam's words today, I thought I would be mad at Harry for not telling me that Liam had told him to stay away from me. But I'm not. I do wish he would have told me but even if he did, it wouldn't have changed the way I feel about him. We have come such a long way and even if Liam thinks this is a mistake that doesn't change anything for me.

I just wish I could talk to Harry and tell him that. It's been two hours now and I still haven't heard from him. As if on cue a knock on my door pulls me from my thoughts.

I rush off the couch and to the door pulling it open to be met by tired green eyes staring down at me.

"Hi," Harry says quietly.

His hands are shoved deep in his coat pockets and his eyes are studying my face. He looks worried. Probably afraid that I am going to yell at him.

"Hi." I sigh, relieved that he is here and okay. Not off somewhere drinking or doing something stupid.

"I'm sorry I ran off. I was just walking around, I needed to calm down." He says still talking in a hushed tone.

His words draw my attention to his nose and cheeks that are now a rosy color from being out in the cold so long.

"It's okay," I tell him opening the door further so he can come inside.

We both seem to be treading lightly with our words as if any loud or unnecessary movement could make a bomb go off. His eyes avoid mine as he walks inside removing his shoes and coat with a heavy sigh.

As soon as he turns back to face me I can't take it any longer and I crash my body into his wrapping my arms around his neck hugging him tightly.

"Are you alright?" I whisper to him, running my fingers through his hair as he hugs me back.

"Yeah." He sighs, letting his head fall, his face buried in my hair.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask him softly.

"Not right now," He pulls back to look at me, his eyes always feel like they are seeing into my soul.

"Okay," I run my thumbs over his cold cheeks looking into his soft green eyes. "But just so you know. Nothing he said changed the way I feel about us. Okay?" My eyes search his weary ones.

He nods in acknowledgement then leans down placing a soft kiss to my lips. When he looks back down at me I can see how beaten down he looks, both mentally and physically.

"Go take a warm shower your hands are freezing. I'll make us some hot chocolate." I tell him sternly.

A soft smile spreads across his face as he looks down at me. "Yes ma'am," He teases kissing me again then quickly heading for the bathroom before I can scold him.

• • •

We have been sitting on the couch for the past hour barely watching the show that is playing as we chat. The tension from the day is finally gone.