Chapter 12

I make it to the end of the hallway with Harry following close behind me when I hear Piper scream out my name. She is on the other side of the living room with a crowd of people and they seem to have a game of beer pong going on. Piper is eagerly waving me over to them and I look to Harry hoping for some kind of help out of this situation but he just shrugs his shoulders. I sigh in defeat knowing I have to play this game because it's Piper's birthday and I am not planning on disappointing her.

One Hour Later...

I am two rounds into our beer pong competition and starting to feel the effects of the wine coolers we placed in the cups instead of beer. Harry is on the other side of the room chatting with Liam and some other guys, like he has been since we left Piper's room. Every time our eyes meet he gives me a friendly smile, and it feels good to have things settled between us. Maybe we can be friends.

I caught him laughing at me when I was cheering loudly when Piper and I won our game of beer pong. I sent him a small glare which only made him chuckle more. I think I am going to enjoy being his friend although his constant gaze on me tonight that I can feel all the time is setting my skin on fire but I choose to ignore it and focus on the game instead.

"So I take it you guys worked everything out?" Piper says into my ear as we wait for our next turn.

"What?" I ask turning to look at her confused on what she is referring to.

"You and Harry. I assume you forgave him, based on the smiling and staring," she says giving me that look.

"We're friends!" I shove her and we both laugh.

"Well your 'friend'," she says the word dramatically. "is undressing you with his eyes," she teases and I can feel my cheeks heat at her words.

"Piper!" a familiar voice shouts over the music breaking our conversation and saving me from having to respond. I can't place it at first but when I see a flash of blonde hair making its way though the crowd I know it's Niall, and his interruption is a welcomed distraction from Pipers words.

"Happy birthday!" He says with a giant smile on his face when he finally reaches us.

The three of us chat for a bit greeting each other and catching up even though we saw each other a few days ago. When I glance over at Harry like I have every ten minutes all night he is no longer taking part in conversation, but is now leaned up against the wall his eyes trained on Niall glaring at the blonde.

The sweet smile I have enjoyed seeing most of the night is gone. But my slightly intoxicated self doesn't care all that much about his obvious anger at Niall appearance, and I return my attention back to Piper and Niall. I feel like I am on a high from Piper and I winning the last three games of beer pong, I am way too competitive and the drinking doesn't help.

An hour later and two more games of beer pong, and I know I have had too much to drink as Piper pulls me to the middle of the living room that has turned into a tiny dance floor and I'm not fighting her on it.

I'm laughing and clumsily dancing around feeling better than I have all week when a pair of strong hands find my hips. I'm not thinking much about the attention as Piper and I continue to laugh about a stupid joke she just made. Plus the alcohol in my system causes me not to care too much at the moment. It's not until I turn around and realize it's Niall's hands on my hips and his hazy intoxicated stare meets mine that I know this is a bad idea.