Chapter 9

"What has you in such a good mood today?" Piper asks as we walk.

"Huh?" I question looking back up from my phone with a smile.

Harry has been texting me all day continuing our discussion on ideas for what he should put as my contact name in his phone and they go from cheesy, to dirty, to out right ridiculous. His current idea he has settled on is Sugar Buns because he says it's like the female version of Stud Muffin, and that would make our names match.

"Who do you keep texting?" Piper questions with a laugh when my phone vibrates in my hand again.

"Sorry it's my sister messaging me about wedding stuff," I lie quickly with a laugh brushing off her question. I don't know why I lied it's not like anything is happening between Harry and I. But now that I did I can't take it back without it being weird.

She eyes me for a minute and I'm afraid she might call me out but she seems to decide the answer is reasonable and continues the conversation.

Its only been a few hours since Harry left me standing in front of my apartment and we have been texting on and off ever since. Asking random questions and Harry making the occasional dirty joke that has me blushing and chuckling at my phone like an idiot. I am a little afraid that the entire current situation is too good to be true and he will slip back into his arrogant attitude shortly but for now I'm enjoying it.

"So is there a reason Niall asked me if Harry was your ex?" Piper says and I nearly stop breathing when the words leave her mouth.

"W-What?" I stutter in response.

"Yeah, I worked with him this morning and he asked me if you and Harry were a thing or if you used to be," she says looking at me like both Niall and the idea are crazy. Which in all honestly this entire situation I have found myself in is crazy.

The stunned look on my face and the fact that I can't get words out of my mouth at the moment have her continuing her thought.

"Don't worry I told him you dislike Harry almost as much as I do," she says with a chuckle. "Anyway I definitely think Niall has a crush on you," She continues the conversation without missing a beat and I jog a little to catch up to her steady pace.

"I think you're right," I chuckle brushing off the anxious feeling the conversation is giving me. "But hopefully he gets over it quickly because like I have said before I am not looking for a guy right now," I say casually.

"Niall is sweet and cute though, so if you were looking, Niall would be a good choice," she says tossing the idea at me.

"Yeah, but dating a coworker is like setting yourself up for disaster," I joke.

"Good point," Piper says nodding at me. "Want to grab something to eat and some coffee before heading to the library?" She asks and I'm thankful for the topic change.

"Sounds good to me," I agree.

A few minutes later I realize we are heading towards the cafe Harry works at and my heart starts to pound and nerves settle in. We have been texting for hours but I haven't responded to his last message since we left class because Piper and I have been talking. And I have no idea if he is at work or not. I kind of want to see him but I also don't want to because I'm with Piper and I don't know if I'll get the same version of him from this morning or not.

The bell on the door rings as we step into the little cafe and my heart stops when I see his broad shoulders and the back of his messy curls behind the counter. I allow Piper to take the lead and follow behind her as the dorky guy behind the register takes our orders. Harry still hasn't turned around and he is currently talking to another employee, a woman who looks to be in her forties. It's only when the dorky guy calls out my name and hands me my latte that Harry turns around his eyes landing on mine before I look away quickly and make my way over to the table Piper picked out in the corner.