Sagittarius: Chapter 8

Chiron shifted back into his human form as the rest of the staff took off. As the fight ended and the villains were rounded up, Astolfo had joined him at the Plaza. Both servants exchanged a look, Astolfo glancing at the remains of the spires of blood before the two turned and made their way back up to the entrance.

They were on the last few stairs when Chiron was cut off by a gun pointed at his face. "Not a step more, pardner," Snipe said. "What's with that form, huh? You've been lying about your quirk." "A bit paranoid," Astolfo said under his breath and Chiron reached up, lowering the gun. "Paranoid or not, Astolfo, he does have a reason to," Chiron said with a smile. "But only because he didn't read the materials that I had suggested to him." "Wha-!" "Enough," Nezu spoke up, hands behind his back. "Snipe, remove your gun from Archer's face, please. It's good to see you again, Astolfo. Thanks to your Hippogriff, Aizawa's injures and the strain from them were lessened."

Astolfo laughed as he rubbed the back of his head. "It was no problem! Wow, you're still as small as I remember, how cute!" "And you're still as rude! Ahahaha!"

Midnight glanced over to Nezu, looking between him and Astolfo as Snipe seemed to sulk a bit at getting told off. "You know this kid, Principal?" She asked and the mammalian principal nodded.

"Indeed, I've met both Astolfo and Chiron— oh, excuse me, Archer— before, after all! That's why I was so willing to hire him," the principal told them with a nod. "I wouldn't just hire any old foreigner!" Chiron chuckled. "I promise you both that in our next meeting I can explain the extent of my quirk, and a few other things. That being said, I realize that everyone here is confused," he said before he frowned. "Nezu, the students will be curious about Astolfo. I'm certain a number of the staff are as well. As Astolfo is my charge and without a license, I was hoping for the outside aide to be kept a secret, or at least some sort of fabrication to make it seem as if Astolfo's presence was transferring due to into class 1-A."

Nezu hummed, tail flicking as he thought. "The second one shouldn't be too hard, and since Astolfo similar to you, I don't mind doing paperwork for a transfer student."

Midnight tilted her head. "Wouldn't that disrupt the numbers then? The classes should stay even, right?"

"Can we remove Mineta, then? He's bothering the girls in my class," Chiron piped up and Nezu laughed.

"Afraid not, for now. We'll keep the numbers uneven, it shouldn't cause much of an issue. Students shift around from the General Department to the Hero Course yearly. Class 3-A doesn't have an even number of students, either," the principal told her and the R18 Hero nodded.

"There's that issue too, though..." Chiron murmured, making all three UA Staff members look to him. He glanced over to where the pink-haired rider was patting and playing with Hippogriff. "Uniforms... and the bathroom situation..."

Midnight seemed to catch on quickly, making a soft 'oh' noise while Nezu nodded, the principal already knowing what the Archer meant. Snipe still seemed quizzical.

"Ain't the kid a lass? She should be wearin' the lass' uniform and all that, right?" he asked, tilting his head. Chiron shook his head in return.

"Astolfo like to keep that part, gender that is, a secret. It goes as far as saying as such on official papers, but Astolfo is a boy. He prefers to dress in pretty things, but not because he has a wish to be a girl. It's just how he is," He explained. "I'm sure he would prefer the girl's uniform, school wise, but he'll still refer to the boy's dressing and bathrooms."

"Oh, that is a problem... well, actually, not really," Midnight said, "Wouldn't it just be easier to tell the students outright that Alstolfo is a boy? He has no, ah, issues with people knowing, right?"

"Logically, yes," Chiron agreed, "But he likes for people to find out himself. It appears he's lost all sense of reason."

"Just like the story!" Nezu chirped, climbing up onto Chiron's shoulder using his tail, then his hair. The archer didn't stop him, humming in agreement.

"Yes, he left all of it on the moon," he said before he sighed. "I hate to cut our conversation short, but I would like to check on Aizawa and Thirteen soon."

"Of course," Nezu said, "I'm sure we're all anxious to check on him."

(x)

As the staff of UA talked, elsewhere in a bar in an unknown location a gateway opened up and Shigaraki was deposited on the floor. The black mist retracted as the white-haired man bled on the wooden floor, revealing Kurogiri's more true form dressed in a bartender's uniform.

Shigaraki trembled, just barely holding back a scream of frustration. "Shot in both the arms and the legs..." He hissed, "We were completely defeated... Even Nomu was done in! All those underlings were routed instantly... those guys were so strong!" His eyes narrowed. "And that guy... and the pink brat... the Symbol of Peace didn't even fight at all... You said this would be easy!" he gazed up at the TV monitor which only had the words 'Sound Only' on the screen. "You were wrong, sensei! So wrong!"

"No, I wasn't" a voice cracked from the monitor, "We just weren't prepared." "I agree," A second voice, "Thankfully, we failed under the cheap 'League of Villains' name instead of our own. Incidentally... what became of the joint project of Sensei and I's work? Why is Nomu not with you?" Kurogiri stepped forwards, his shadowy hands clenched at his sides. "His head was obliterated. Internal organs blasted to bits. There was no way for it to regenerate after that." If Kurogiri had a mouth that was visible, it would have been seen with him gritting his teeth.

"It was that Archer's doing. A power that I had never seen before..." he reported. There was a moment of silence before 'Sensei' spoke up again.

"An 'Archer'? A student or a teacher we didn't know about?" 'Sensei' asked, tone interested. "Tell me more, Kurogiri." The warpgate villain nodded. "When we arrived, Thirteen and Eraserhead were there, All Might was not, but in his place was an unknown man. A teacher that Eraserhead called 'Archer'. He was strong, he took on Nomu with nothing but a bow and his bare hands... what surprised me was a transformation. This man became half horse, but I can't pin his quirk. I had thought it was material creation, as he changed from a suit to battle attire in an instant and kept firing arrows without a quiver... then perhaps strength, when he took the underlings down, left and right," He told the two behind the screen. "Transformation afterward, when he changed forms. But then he did that after he shooed the Symbol of Peace off..." "What 'thing', Kurogiri, speak clearly," the second voice growled, obviously irritated.

"He fired something with the power of a small comet down from the skies. It shot Nomu right through the head and then he open fired on it. There was no time to defend it." he sighed, "And then the fourth skill. I head him name it, Kazikli Bey... Spires shot from the ground when Shigaraki got close to him. I cannot pin his quirk at all."

"Interesting..." 'Sensei' said, "We will have to look into this..."Shigaraki trembled. "Power... Power... that archer wasn't the only one...." he hissed. "That pink-haired brat. Coming in from the sky... how dare she, how dare she!"

The white-haired man clawed the floor in frustration. "She wasn't playing by the rules at all!"

————————

Like all the other characters barring staff and Chiron, Shigaraki thinks Astolfo is a girl and will probably never find out unless he goes undercover himself.