Sagittarius: Chapter 11

The stands were roaring, the noise so loud it would have been shaking an ordinary set of bleachers, but then again, UA never did ordinary. Chiron smiled as Yamada switched the screen on, making the crowd go even wilder.

"HEEY!" The voice hero greeted, "Make some noise all you rabid sports fans! Get those cameras ready, mass media! This year we're bringing you some of the hottest performances in sports festival history, guaranteed! I've only got one question for you all: Are you reaaady!?"

The voice hero leaned forwards, having been making wide gestures with his hands the entire time as he continued. "Lemme hear you scream as our students make their way to the big staaage!"

Chiron smiled as he watched the first-year students all file in from the back rooms. Astolfo bounced as he followed Uraraka and the others, Yamada continuing to make announcements.

Both the Hero classes and the support class were impressive looking, but he frowned as he noticed how dejected the General Education Studies students looked as they took the field. He would have to ask Nezu if he could stand-in for a teacher once or twice. He had a feeling that the students there had more than impressive Quirks. Cultivation and care were key, after all.

His frown rightened as Kayama raised her red flogger. Chiron wasn't exactly sure who the second year overseer was, but Kayama was acting as the first year one. Supposedly Nezu was overseeing the seniors, but he told them he would meet with them during the lunch break.

Chiron switched his mic to mute, turning to Yamada. "Bakugou's the first-year class rep?" he asked and the blonde nodded, muting his own mic as silence fell over the stands.

"Sensei..." Bakugou started. "I'm gonna place first."

"He's so blunt..." Chiron sighed. "I figured he'd say something like that."

Yamada chuckled as he shook his head, the stands and other students yelling and booing at him.

"Well now he's gotta live up to that," the blonde said, "The kid messes up and doesn't place first, he'll look like a moron."

Chiron nodded in agreement, both of them switching their mics back on as Kayama announced the first event.

An obstacle race, though nothing like a normal one. Chiron had a hand in helping set some of the tightropes and explosives, but he had no idea how the student body would fare.

As soon as Kayama yelled start, the students had rushed the very narrow entrance.

"And we're off to a racing start!" Yamada exclaimed. Chiron nodded.

"What should we be paying attention to at the early stages of this race, Present Mic?" He asked with a smile before the two both snapped their fingers.

"It's the doorway," he and the voice hero said in unison, watching as the bots picked up on the first half of students who had rushed the door. The door was such a narrow bottleneck that the way the students had rushed in only ended up making them all get stuck pushing against each other.

"Oh my, so cold," Chiron said with a sigh as he watched Todoroki freeze the ground and many of the students around him. Despite that, a number of the other students managed to avoid the obstacle that the boy had put in front of them. Astolfo had simply stuck to running on the ice, showing his true skills as a rider class servant with superior balance over the slick surface. Other students were doing similar things, albeit less gracefully and a couple fell on their faces, the centaur noted.

To his surprise though, Mineta had been the one to catch up with Todoroki. He watched with a raised brow as the purple-haired boy pull two of the balls on his head off in preparation to attack the other boy— only, he was slammed aside by a metal arm that appeared out of nowhere.

The real challenge had arrived in the form of the U.A. entrance exam robots.

"Ooh! Enemies have suddenly shown up outta nowhere!" Yamada exclaimed, "I bet we're in for a real treat here! A test of strength and cunning— It's a Robo-Inferno!"

"I wouldn't be so sure," Chiron said, shaking his head as Todoroki flash froze one of the Zero-Pointers. He continued on through in silence before they all crashed down.

"That's Todoroki from Class 1-A, everyone," the archer continued, "Living up to the class' standard by taking the lead without a second thought."

Yamada lept from his seat, slamming his hands down on the table in front of the soundboard. "Amazing!" he cried, "He's one we should watch! It almost seems unfair! Thoughts, Archer?"

"Oh, how rude, have you forgotten about some of the others, Present Mic?" Chiron laughed, "though his attack was both offensive and defensive, I am impressed."

"Impressive! No wonder he was let in on recommendations!" Yamada continued, making a wide gesture with his arms. "He's never even fought those Robo-Infernos before!"

"That may be sure, but neither has Charlemagne," he pointed out as a pink streak broke through the smoke and dust that the robots had created. The rider vaulting over the rubble before he took off running after Todoroki, lance glinting in the sunlight.

"Mm, Mm!" Yamada nodded, arms crossed as he sat back down. "That's France's Transfer Student all right! Already in second place, we have Charlemagne from Class 1-A as well!"

"With all the power of the twelve paladins in the story where the surname hails from, Charlemagne just might give Todoroki a challenge he didn't think of before," Chiron added with a smile.

"Thaaat's just France for ya, though," Yamada said with a nod. "Always the wildcard."

Chiron just smiled at that, though his brows furrowed upwards just slightly as he chuckled. "I don't think that's correct, but I'll let you have this one."

"Wild!"

(x)

"To those just joining us, the first Sports Festival event for the First Years is underway," Chiron said as he watched the students take down the Zero Pointers left and right. Yamada nodded, making a motion akin to scratching an invisible record disk.

"The first round's an obstacle course!" he said, giving a thumbs up with his other hand. "And the goal is the run one lap around this specially made stadium's outer ring, oh yeah!"

Chiron chuckled as he hummed, shifting a few papers. "The rules are simple, yet quite savage at the same time," he told the audience, "In short, this is a race where anything goes and everything— save leaving the course— is permitted. Even the camera bots in each area are excited."

He smiled as Yamada excitedly announced the second obstacle, a large canyon with ropes connecting platforms. Powerloader had ended up doing a fantastic job creating the obstacle, though Chiron had been worried when he was watching the younger man work on it. There had been a lot of crashing and he had been worried that the man would be crushed. But that worry had been dissipated when the man had come out unharmed and asking for something to eat.

That had been the start of a slight tradition among the rest of the staff and Chiron, seeing how Powerloader had sung praises over the centaur's cooking. The rest of the staff had ended up joining him and Powerloader the rest of the prep days leading up to the Sports Festival for lunch. Astolfo had teased him about being less of a "Teach-taur and more of a Mama-taur" (The Rider's words, not his) and making lunches for everyone.

He supposed the pink-haired boy way right, as Chiron had ended up memorizing the likes and dislikes and dietary needs of each of his coworkers— For example, Yagi couldn't eat anything super rich or heavy, nor could he have anything with a high acid content due to the medicine that Chiron had made him for his condition while Thirteen preferred the more fruity and sweeter foods. Snipe liked a bit of spice, but Kayama was more or less of a wild card.

"Bakugou, Todoroki, and Charlemange are quite adept and quick at getting through these obstacles," Chiron noted as Yamada nodded. "But we can't ignore that Hatsume from the Support Class and 1-A's Iida are also quite outstanding," he added as Iida used his quirk to cross the ropes— though he did look a bit silly with his arms out like that. Chiron had to smile at the boy's exclamation about his brother.

The youngest Iida had a lot to live up to, but that didn't seem to be stopping him at all.

Chiron only hoped that it wouldn't hold him back in the end.