Sagittarius: Chapter 19

This is the last chapter for Sagittarius until the I-Island arc is done. That will be found in Two Heroes, Three Servants and the first chapter of that will be posted today as well. If you don't care about the I-Island arc, then just sit tight for a while so I can get that one done and then this one will resume updates.

————————

Despite Chiron surviving a nearly point-blank blast from Gray's Noble Phantasm (No matter how restrained), the centaur in human form remained unconscious for the remaining day and day after. It had ended up distracting Gray during those days to the point where Astolfo had told her that he was sure that if he left her to her own devices, she would have been in the infirmary waiting for him to wake up. Just so that she could apologize.

Gray would have to admit that he was at least partially right and if weren't for Astolfo practically dragging her out to go meet with a number of their classmates to go shopping, then she would have been there while he was there. The reason for shopping was for the class' summer training camp that would be coming up soon and not everyone had everything that they needed, apparently. And so, Astolfo hadn't given Gray the choice not to come. Instead, he grabbed her by the back of her cloak when she attempted to leave and dragged her to the mall instead.

She wasn't all that fond of shopping, however. It wasn't that she hated it, she had gone with Reines and Lluvia a number of times before, but it just wasn't her thing.

She knew that even if Astolfo hadn't spoken up and told their classmates that they were both going to be there, she would have ended up going anyways, but just on a different day.

It seemed as if the I-Island Formal Dinner had landed her in a strange situation where she had to find a more suitable outfit.

It just so happened that before the final exams, Chiron had gotten an invite to the I-Island Expo in a few days. Yaoyorozu had perked up when she overheard her and Astolfo talking about it. It turned out that she was also going— as were Iida, Todoroki, and probably Bakugou.

Astolfo already had an outfit picked out apparently, but Gray found herself at a loss. She quite liked her normal attire, plus she still wanted to keep her face as hidden as possible. She didn't like it when people commented on how pretty her face was. Of course, strangers wouldn't know about why she was so against showing her face and keeping it under the shadow of her hood. But still, she hated it.

Dresses didn't leave much of an option to hide her face.

She sighed a bit as she watched Ashido, Hagakure, Yaoyorozu, and Astolfo raid the dress section of the shop they were in. Jiro had been helping, but she ended up distracted by some dark jeans and leather coats. Gray didn't blame her. They looked cool and right up the Earphone Jack Quirk user's fashion alley.

"Are you with those girls?" a voice asked and she looked up, seeing a young woman with deep, red eyes and hair that shined like gemstone standing next to her. Her hair had been pulled back in high twintails, Gray noticed, and she looked very fashionable in her white, collared shirt, black shorts and suspenders, and black tie. She held a few bags in her hand and stair hairpins decorated her bangs.

"Oh, yes... um, you see, we're supposed to be going to a formal event later this summer," she said softly and the young woman nodded, putting her hands on her hips.

"Looks like they're just picking dresses off the racks left and right, though. No sense of order," the redhead mused.

Gray fidgeted. "U-Um... it's because of me... I- I'm the only one without a dress... I- it's a bit harder to find clothing for me since I, um, don't usually dress up..." she admitted.