Sagittarius: Chapter 16

This chapter is heavy in exposition. Honestly, you don't have to read all of it when they start talking about classes and such. Chiron's just explaining how servants and grail wars work. Also, there's a lot of creative liberty. As I said before, I'm taking liberty with what was handed to me from Apoc and My Hero. If you've made it this far without realizing that I plan on kicking canon while it's down, I applaud you.

————————

No matter how much he protested, Astolfo had been taken into custody with the rest of his classmates in Hosu. He, Iida, Todoroki, and Midoriya were all but held in detainment in the Hosu general hospital.

Of course, he had ended up passing out as soon as he had gotten bandaged up. His mana reserves were low and he needed all the rest he could get. It wasn't like he wasn't getting any from Sieg, it's just that he was out of practice. Shifting Classes was never easy and to have gone for as long as he had without doing it just made it harder.

That said, when Gran Torino, Manual, Chiron, and Tsuragamae arrived in his, Iida, Todoroki, and Midoriya's shared hospital room with Gray trailing not too far behind them, Astolfo ended up tuning out most of the chief's speech. He had heard the lecture about how unlicensed people shouldn't interfere with hero work many times before and Tsuragamae already knew his status as a Servant. As soon as they had arrived in Hosu, Chiron made sure of that.

Astolfo startled as Todoroki's sudden outburst finally reached his spaced-out mind.

"Saving people is what heroes do! It's their job!"

"Well, you're not wrong," Astolfo said as he sat up, making the people in the room all turn towards him. He had been silent the entire time, so he assumed that Manual and his three classmates just assumed he didn't have anything to say on the matter.

"Exactly," Todoroki started, getting over his shock. "Were we just supposed to let the Hero Killer kill Native?"

Astolfo yawned, stretching. "This is why you're not a full-fledged hero, yet, Todoroki."

He wiped his head around, shock apparent in his eyes as he gaped. "Wh-what- Charlemagne! You just said—"

"I told you, call me Astolfo," he sighed before he held his hand up. "First of all, you're children. You shouldn't be fighting the battles adults are. I admit that my words don't exactly match my actions, but I lost all rationality to the moon. Secondly, you really should let Chief Tsuragamae finish his speech."

Todoroki blinked, a look of cluelessness crossing his face. "What?"

Tsuragamae bowed a bit. "Thank you, Rider," he said with a smile before he scratched his chin. "But yes, everything I said would be what I would have to officially agree with... if the true story was put out to the public. At the end of the day, a public announcement that praised you four for taking the Hero Killer down would invite more praise and admiration from the masses, but that would also necessitate a punishment. Most likely, you'd be expelled from UA and a permanent mark would be put on your records, barring you from ever getting a license in Japan, or anywhere else for that matter. But if this were to become lost or fail to get to the public, then it could be concluded that the injuries the Hero Killer sustained were from Endeavor and Archer."

Chiron nodded, the Archer back in his human form but still dressed in his battle attire.

"The lacerations will be harder to cover up," Chiron added, "But arrow points are sharp. Many of his injuries can be attributed to that as long as people don't dig too far."

Tsuragamae nodded and Astolfo sighed. All that work would just get swept under, then. Oh well, he couldn't do much about that anyway, especially if Chiron was behind it as well. The Archer tended to know what he was doing.