Sagittarius: Chapter 12

Chiron had allowed Yamada to take over for the Calvary battle's commentary with a few comments on his part. Astolfo had ended up dropping back during the minefield stage, which let Todoroki, Bakugou, and Midoriya take first, second and third places.

It wasn't that Chiron had nothing to add, but rather because at the very beginning of the Calvary Battle when Kayama was explaining everything, papers had been sent to him via a familiar. Of course, Yamada had been startled out of his mind when a flaming bird appeared with papers rolled up in its talons before vanishing in a plume of flame. It hadn't been on the monitor, thank the gods, and Yamada had managed not to yelp.

It was a report from the Church overseer and the others who worked under them.

Astolfo had flown over to Fuyuki the weekend prior to talk to the overseer. The Church knew about them, though many mages ignored the existence of two Servants who were leftover from a Grail war over a hundred years ago. Unless they could be controlled (they couldn't and Clocktower learned the hard way that trying to control them was a bad idea), Mages didn't care about them until it was convenient. And it was never convenient. At least it gave the two of them leeway and their respective birth nations' governments were more than happy to get them going in the world after the war in Trifas. Yggdmillennia had also done a fantastic job in assisting the two for a long time.

That said, neither Chiron nor Astolfo normally went to go check up on the Grail Wars, since they normally didn't interact with Mages and another magical folk unless it was necessary. Chiron had become wary, though, with the League of Villains on the rise— and All for One as another possibility. Both Servants wanted to keep tabs on any strange going ons for the duration of the war, even if it was just an abnormal Servant or early dropouts in the war.

The church only reported two abnormalities this time, though. One was a strange, yet immensely powerful Assassin that had been summoned in the war this time. They were hesitant but titled it as the Grand Assassin— an Assassin above the normal Servant class. They wrote about armor as dark as night yet also stained with blood and about blue flames.

The other abnormality was that a secondary assassin had appeared, meaning that there were eight Servants but only seven masters from what they could tell. No Ruler had appeared either, which made Chiron wonder if the Grail was sending a message to him instead. According to the Church, the second Assassin had a strange signature— something more akin to an Assassin class covering up that of a Lancer's.

On top of that, the Grail War was going by far more cautiously from the others. The War had started a couple days ago but the only important fight had been a clash between the Grand Assassin and a duel wielding Saber. It had ended in a draw and Saber and the Master vanished into the night. There had been smaller clashes had, but nothing major and property damaging like the Saber and Grand Assassin fight.

The masters were being cautious to avoid heroes and villains alike. It seemed as if the Church and Mages Association had put out a notice to anyone who studied magecraft and magic to be careful about Quirk users.

Chiron only hoped the masters and Servants staid off of All for One's radar.

He didn't want to think about if All for One stripped and transferred a magus' circuits to himself. Quirks and Magecraft didn't work against each other, there were just laws between the two communities— those with circuits had to choose hero or magus. Or mundane. Magus couldn't be heroes or use their Quirk unless it had to do with their craft and a Hero couldn't use magic if they wanted to stay a hero. Obviously there were exceptions, especially in a "do or die" situation.

Many heroes and quirk users didn't even realize they had magic circuits— he could think of three in the school who had powerful, yet dormant circuits. There were six others whose circuits would be comparable to a first-generation magus and one whose circuits he was actively working on strengthening— laws be damned.