The Loss of Two Friends

Hermione walked down to the Great Hall with Kathleen the next morning. "Abraxas is taking me to the Black Lake today for a picnic. Try not to be bored or kill Riddle during Dinner. On second thought. . ."

"I'm not killing Riddle," yet.

Kathleen gave her a half hug. "I know you won't. Something tells me that you will tame the beast within him."

Hermione shrugged at the thought of what Kathleen was implying. "I'm not hooking up with Riddle in any time. I already have someone that I gave my heart to and it's not about to change anytime soon."

"Whatever you say." Hermione just shook her head at Kathleen. The girl wouldn't be able to understand her reasoning for not wanting to get with Riddle.

Kathleen tugged on Hermione's arm, pulling her to a stop. Her blue eyes were round as she stared at Hermione. "You have someone you like! Who!"

"Someone who is no longer here. I lost. . ." Hermione's voice choked, unable to voice the loss that she didn't want to come to terms with. Well, she hadn't technically lost Ron, he just wasn't born yet. She couldn't wait till she would be allowed to return to her own timeline. Hopefully she would get to see not just Ron but also Harry.

Kathleen wrapped Hermione in a tight hug. "I'm so sorry," cried Kathleen.

Hermione pat Kathleen's arm to try and comfort the crying girl. She was glad to have made a friend like her while she was stuck in this time.

They entered the Great Hall and sat down at the Gryffindor table. Abraxas and Riddle were nowhere to be seen. Actually, quite a few of the Slytherins seemed to be missing.

"What are your plans for summer break?"

"I'm not sure." What was she going to do? If she wasn't returned to her own time then she'll be stuck there during summer. Would she have to stay at the castle? She made a note to herself to ask Dumbledore what she should do if she found herself stuck there during summer break.

"You should come visit me! I'm sure my mother won't mind," squealed Kathleen.

"I'll have to see." Hermione didn't want to make any promises that she wouldn't be able to keep. The only promises she didn't mind breaking were the ones she would and will probably make to Riddle.

"Stupid Slytherins with not taking no for an answer," mumbled Abraxas as he plopped heavily onto the seat across from Kathleen.

"What did they do this time," chuckled Kathleen. Hermione had learned that Abraxas often complained about the other Slytherins and she had to admit that she found it amusing and apparently so did Kathleen.

"Them and that stupid club." Abraxas's head shot up and he looked at the girls worriedly. "You weren't supposed to know that."

"What club?"

Hermione had the feeling that she already knew the answer to Kathleen's question. "Are you talking about the De. . .Knights of Walpurgis?" asked Hermione.

Abraxas's head whipped around to her. His grey eyes were large with shock. "He told you?" His voice sounded dumbfounded to Hermione.

Hermione shook her head. "I've learned a few things."

"Don't let him know you know," warned Abraxas.

"Know what, and who shouldn't we tell?"

Hermione and Abraxas looked around but didn't see anyone who was associated with Riddle and the Knights of Walpurgis. "We should tell her. Knowing could help keep her safe."