Dillie

Hermione swished her wand and watched as everything neatly packed itself into her trunk. She then shrunk it and everything in it before putting it into the pocket of her dress coat. Oh, how she missed wearing pants.

She walked down the steps with a skip until she reached the floor the headmaster's office was located on. The hallways were empty since everyone had left the school two days before. Hermione, Tom, Dippet, and Dumbledore were the last ones to leave. She saw a swish of purple robes disappear behind the closing gargoyle statue. Dumbledore must be leaving.

Hermione picked up her pace, wanting to say goodbye to her Transfigurations teacher.

Tom met her on the bottom of the steps just as the gargoyle slid open again. "Hurry up. I want to say goodbye to professor Dumbledore."

Tom rolled his eyes but followed her up the steps. It still weirded her out but she was slowly growing used to him. He was different from what she had imagined from Harry's stories.

She bounded up the steps with Tom in tow. Once she reached the top she opened the door. Dippet and Dumbledore were standing in the center of the room talking. When the door opened, both turned to greet the two students with warm smiles and sparkling eyes. Their conversation died instantly. From the conspiratorial glances, Hermione had to assume that the two professors were discussing her and Tom. She would have to ask Dippet about it later.

"Ah, Miss Norris, Mr. Riddle," greeted Dumbledore. "Now that you are here in person, I may wish you two a grand summer vacation."

Tom scoffed behind her and Hermione had to resist the urge to elbow him. "Same to you, professor," smiled Hermione.

Dumbledore nodded before turning to the fireplace. He picked up a hand of floo powder. "I will see you all next year. Dumbledore home!" The floo powder fell from his hand in sparks of green. When the smoke disappeared, Dumbledore was gone.

Tom eyed the fireplace warily. "It's safe to travel by floo, my boy," chuckled Dippet. "As long as you pronounce clearly," winked Dippet.

Hermione laughed with a shake of her head. Now she saw where Dumbledore got his sense of humor.

Dippet picked up the floo pot. "Hermione, would you like to go first? All you have to say is 'Dippet Manor."

Hermione grabbed a fist full of floo powder and walked up to the fireplace. "Dippet Manor!" Green smoke enveloped her and she felt a pull on a cellular level. Within seconds, she was standing in the fireplace of a dark home. She stepped out into the room. "Lumos!"

The room around her brightened spectacularly. Hermione stood in a grand living room. Dark wood covered the floors with a few carpets. The walls were painted yellow and above her hung a glass chandelier.

Green flared behind her and out stepped Tom. Soot dusted the shoulders of his suit. His eyes were wide with fascination.

"First time traveling by floo?" asked Hermione with a bemused smile. Tom nodded then looked around his surroundings.

The fireplace lit green again before Dippet waltzed out. He clapped his hands and the whole place lit up. Hermione had to suppress a smile when she was reminded of the 'Clap On' lights in the muggle world during her own time.

"I have a meeting that I have to get to, but you two may stay here and explore," said Dippet as he rubbed his beard. "Any room you want is yours except for mine which is located on the third floor, connected to the library. That room is off limits."

"Your room or the library?" asked Hermione.

"My room. I would never deny anyone entrance to a library," chuckled Dippet.