2 | home sweet home

Greenie

My eyes widened slowly as I began to realize that I had no idea what my name was or why I was even here in the first place.
I started to panic, touching my forehead in complete shock as I looked back at Alby.

"I can't remember my name. Why can't I remember my name!" I shouted harshly, almost snarling at him. I thought I wouldn't yell, but that didn't matter right now.

He sighed, "This is all normal, we've all been through this before. You won't remember anything from your past life and your name will come back in a day or two."

"Why am I here?" I questioned, crossing my arms against my chest in a protective manner.

"We don't know," he admitted, "but we're working on it. We are all here to work together, and with that comes our three rules."

The freckled boy from earlier grinned, "Can I tell her?" he asked excitedly.

Alby sighed once more and nodded, resting his hands on his hips. The other boy jumped in front of him, he seemed to be glowing. "Alright Greenie!" he smirked, "The name's Gally. Second in command."

Alby coughed sternly; making Gally gulp, "Third in command?" he stated slowly, like he was asking for permission.

Alby nodded, urging him to continue. "As Alby said, we have three rules here. They are very important. Break em' and you'll get punished," everyone around him shivered slightly as, Alby furrowed his brows, "Rule One: Never go outside the Glade. We stay in here for safety. Rule Two: Never hurt another Glader. And finally, Rule Three: We have to trust each other. Everyone does their part,"

"Got it?"

I nodded sharply in response and took a deep breath in before Alby clapped his hands together, a smile on his face, "Great, now where's Chuck?"

"Who's Chuck?" I immediately asked, looking around at all the crowded boys.

Alby looked over at Gally; the tan boy straightened out his back and turned around, pushing past a couple guys.
After a minute or two, he returned with a shorter, chubby boy. He had curly brown hair that led down do his cheek bone. His brown eyes shined with worry as he stopped in front of Alby.

Chuck gulped and smiled weakly, "S-sorry," he stuttered, "got caught up with some chores."

The darker man just smiled warmly at him, unphased, "Can you show the Greenie around today?" Alby asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

He glanced at me for a moment before his face lit up happily, "Of course!" he exclaimed.

Alby smiled weakly and let his attention drift back to me. "Chuck was our last Greenie. He'll get you settled in and ready to start work tomorrow."

I nodded and looked over at Chuck, "Ready to go?" I asked, a small smile growing on my face.

He nodded eagerly, "Yep! Follow me!"

Alby helped me get through the rest of the guys, each looking at me more confused then the last.
Before, I made eye contact with one. He was pretty tall, maybe 5'10 by the looks of it. He was sort of lanky but the brown tank-top he was wearing let his muscles show. He had wispy dirty-blonde hair that covered his forehead, his dark brown eyes met mine and held my gaze for a moment before he turned away, slipping behind the others.

Woah..

He was really handsome at first glance. His jawline almost perfectly shaped his face. The look he gave me played on repeat in my head for a moment but, I didn't get enough time to watch it because Chuck waved a pudgy hand in front of my face, "Glade to Greenie," he snorted through his nose, "You good?"

"What?" I asked, snapping back to reality.

"I was talking about the homestead? Remember?"

"Oh right, sorry Chuck." I sighed, returning my attention to the smaller boy.

"The homestead is that building over there," he said, pointing toward a large wooden establishment near the end of the woods, "we normally host meetings and trials there."

About an hour passed before we reached a small cabin like structure with a straw roof. It looked like one of the houses I had seen earlier. Three hammocks hung from the ceiling, each with a small pillow and thin blanket. I noticed that there were clothes folded nicely on one and the other was littered with dirty laundry. The third was clean, looked almost new. Chuck walked over to the last one and grinned, "This is yours, you share a tent with Newt and Minho."

"Who are they?" I asked, taking a small step into the cozy room.

"That would be me." A voice replied behind me.