18 | girls are awesome

Bailey

The room was silent for a moment. The sound of the wind was the only thing I could hear before Gally scoffed. He brought his hands to his hips and licked his lips, "Wow."

Frypan stood up and walked over to the tan boy's side. He placed his palm on Gally's shoulder but it was immediately smacked off. "Gal," the cook pleaded, "Just hold on a second."

Frypan's eyes twisted with sympathy before the third in command shook his head, "Nah Fry."

The dark boy sighed.
He was obviously just trying to help. I watched as Gally exited the tent. You could tell he was pissed off from a mile away.
Thomas sighed in relief next to me, allowing my attention to swerve back to the other boys, "Thanks, Newt."

Newt nodded in reply. I smiled warmly and snickered, "And don't worry about me, that's the last time I am ever going in there."

That got a clean laugh out of everyone in the homestead. Newt smiled at me, "Good that, love."

We all chatted for awhile after that.
Minho talked about how he wanted to take a quick look around the maze with the new device. He said it might help us escape with some of his old research.
Newt and Thomas agreed to go with him.
I didn't like the idea of Newt going into the maze. Although, I wasn't in there for that long, it still gave me the creeps.

Soon, it was just Newt and I in the homestead. He leaned against one of the wooden pillars and smiled at me. "What?" I asked, crossing my arms against my chest.

He imitated my movements and did the same. "What?" He mimicked.

"Are you copying me?" I asked, letting my arms fall to my sides.

He repeated my action once more, "Are you copying me?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't copy me!" I laughed, "That's not funny."

He grinned, obviously understanding the effect he was having on me, "Don't copy me! That's not funny."

I gave him a quick glare which only got one in return, so I rolled my eyes. He growled playfully and ran over to pick me up. His hands slipped under my thighs as he hoisted me onto his hips.
I shrieked happily and wrapped my arms around his neck.
He simply smiled at me, our faces being only a couple inches apart. I stared back into his brown eyes and couldn't help but get lost in them.
Before I could think about anything else, I leaned in and closed my eyes, praying he would do the same.
After a moment or two, I felt the light sensation of his lips on mine. I grinned through the kiss as he deepened it.
I felt my back hit a nearby support beam gently as he pushed me against it. We stopped for a moment so I could look at him again. He was smiling like a little kid, the corners of his mouth almost touched his eyes. I pecked his lips one last time before he set me down.

"Sorry." He mumbled, using his hand to rub the back of his neck.

I smirked, "Don't be, Newt. I wanted it to happen."

"You did?"

"Of course, dumbass," I punched his shoulder playfully, "Why wouldn't I?"

He shrugged lightly as he looked away. I laughed, noticing how red his face was getting. "I don't know, I just don't remember kissing any girls before." He sighed.

I smiled, stepping up onto my tippy toes to kiss his cheek, "Glad I'm the first then?"

He looked back at me and grinned, "Yes."

It took about an hour before Newt and I actually left the tent. Nothing happened, sadly, but we were told that the mystery girl had left the med-jack hut by herself.
It didn't take very long before we found everyone hiding underneath the tower. The girl was at the top, throwing any object she could find at our heads.

"Leave me alone!" She shouted, her thick accent rolling off her tongue. She aimed and fired, throwing a rock at one of the boys.

I hid with Newt under a wood board before I noticed Thomas run up to us. He looked up at the girl and sighed, "What's going on?"

Chuck snorted a laugh through his nose, "Girls are awesome."

Newt covered us quickly as another object came hurtling down. "Heads, heads, heads!" Frypan screamed, covering his own face.

"I swear!" Gally yelled, pointing a strict finger up at the tower, "Throw one more of those things and I'll- ow!" He immediately got hit in the head with something.

I watched as Thomas rolled his eyes, restating his question, "What happened?"

Newt peeked out from under the board, before he reeled himself back in, nearly dodging another rock, "I don't think she likes us very much."

I sighed, hiding behind Newt's body, "Yea, me either."

We stopped for a moment, just to hear a loud cluck on top of our cover as she threw another item of her choice.
Frypan ducked behind Thomas and protected his head once more, "Take cover ya'll! Take cover."

The tall Greenie took a step out of the crowd and covered his eyes from the sun, his palm spread across his forehead. The girl peeked out and took her aim with a wooden bottle, "Woah! Hey!" He held his hand up in the air, "It's Thomas! It's Thomas."

She stopped for a moment, eyeing him, before she allowed her arm fall to her side. Newt squinted at the girl while everyone else stared directly at Thomas in shock, "I'm gonna come up ok?" Thomas yelled up at her as she ducked her head back.
He took a deep breath in and looked over to the rest of us, "Just me."

I watched calmly as Thomas walked away, starting his journey up the tower. Newt glanced at me, his eyebrow raised, "You think they know eachother?"

I pouted slightly, narrowing my brows as I thought about it, "Let's hope so. Maybe they can get us out."

He nodded in agreement before looking back at the tower. Thomas and the girl we're no where to be seen.
After a couple minutes of silence, Gally shouted at them, "What's going on up there?"

Newt almost immediately joined in,  "She comin' down?"

Thomas popped his head over the small wooden fence and shouted back, "Uh.. Hey listen, you guys just give us a second, ok?"

Newt exhaled through his mouth, not pleased with the idea of leaving them alone, "Alright, come on everyone."
The second command waved his hands in the air, moving everyone out of the way. He spoke calmly, telling them to get back to work.

Frypan shook his head next to me, "Is this what all girls are like?"

I scoffed in return, "Obviously not."