22 | the lady in our dreams

Bailey

"Look, love."

Newt sighed calmly, rolling his thumb over the top of my fingers, "I'm really sorry about blowing off your dream like that, it was pretty shitty of me."

I nodded slowly, "Yea it was."

He glanced over at me, completely shocked. "Aren't you supposed to forgive me?"

"Not if I don't want to," I replied, a smile forming across my face, "It's my decision."

He chuckled lightly, guiding a strand of hair behind my ear. "Yea, I guess it is."

I leaned in, carefully adjusting myself so I won't put any pressure on his leg. His face was only inches away from mine before-

BANG!

The med-jack door slammed against the wall, letting a very concerned Thomas walk through.
I pushed myself off of Newt quickly, fixing my hair as fast as I possibly could. Thomas stood there for a second, looking between the two of us before shaking his head sternly, "I don't want to know what you two were doing," he sighed, "but we need to talk, Bailey."

"I figured it out."

He stated calmly, leading me out of the small hut. I nodded slowly, allowing him to talk more. "I now know that Teresa was the girl in my dream, the one about WICKED with the lady talking. But, I don't understand why we were put in here yet. I feel like there's a bigger problem outside the maze that we don't know about."

"Yea, I feel like you're right."

"The lady that was talking, she has to be in charge of all this. Her voice was so controlling and stern. I can't get it out of my head."

I sighed, remembering back to my nightmare. "Me either."

"What?"

I took a deep breath in, "My nightmare. I heard her talking in my nightmare."

He glanced over at me, shocked, "You did? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know, I was still trying to process it? Plus, we weren't really friends at that point."

"I guess you're right."

"I didn't tell anyone about it besides-"

He interrupted me, "Newt."

I sighed once more, nodding my head yes. He rolled his eyes, bringing his hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose. "Alright well, what was it about?"

I spoke carefully, reciting the exact words I told Newt earlier that day.
Thomas took a second to take it all in. After a moment, he crossed his arms against his chest. "We have to get our memories back."

"What? How?"

"You said this Ben guy got his memories back, right? When he got stung by a griever, it's got to be the only way."