19 | subject A10

Bailey

Newt escorted us all to the homestead, where most of the boys disbanded into their own groups to chat. I wondered over to Newt and Minho, who were deep in conversation. I only caught small fractions of what they were talking about. "Do you think she's lying?" Minho asked, leaning against one of the nearby pillars.

The blonde boy shook his head, "It's hard to tell. The girl obviously remembers him some how."

"She might screw us over, Newt."

The second in command sighed through his nose, "I know but, I trust Thomas."

"You barely know him," Minho scoffed, "how are you supposed to trust him?"

"I don't know," Newt admitted, "but, there's just something about him that's different."

"Yea, his stupidity." The runner retorted.

Newt simply rolled his eyes, "Maybe so, but it seems like he's going to get us out."

Minho nodded in agreement, "Let's pray he does. I'm getting really sick of you shanks."

The blonde chuckled under his breath before he looked up, noticing my presence. "How long have you been standing there, love?"

I shrugged, checking the invisible watch on my wrist, "Not too long," I smiled, "You guys talking about Thomas?"

"Isn't everyone?" Minho sassed.

I nodded slowly, "I guess."

Newt smiled, "I'm sure he'll set her straight."

"Bailey."

Thomas' raspy voice sounded crippled from behind me. I jumped slightly as I turned around. "Geez, let a girl know you're there."

Thomas laughed through his apology as the freckled glader to his right rolled his eyes, "Sundown Greenie, time to go."

I looked over at Newt, hoping he'd save me from a night in the pit.
He sighed caringly, before pulling me into a hug. "You'll be ok, it's just one night," he let go and smiled, "Besides, I'll be there to pick you up in the morning. Thomas, Minho, and I are going to run around with the device and see if anything happens."
I nodded, taking one more look at the boy in front of me before I followed Thomas and Gally out of the homestead.

"So?"

I smiled at Thomas as we walked toward the pit, "How's the other girl?"

He shrugged, looking over at me with a smile, "I got it all sorted out, Alby should be showing her to a hut right now."

"What did you say to her, anyways?"

"I just told her about the maze and that she's safe with us."

I nodded slowly, looking out in front of me, "Is she nice?"

He glanced over at me, a puzzled expression spreading across his face, "Yea? Why do you ask?"

"It would be nice to have another girl around."