3 | roommates

Greenie

I turned around, quickly face to face with a much taller Asian boy, he was also very pretty to look at. He had jet black hair and brown eyes. He wasn't lanky but didn't have a ton of muscle on him. He smiled kindly at me and held out his hand, "Minho."

"I-uh.. Greenie? At the moment." I stammered before smiling and shaking his hand gently.

"Well, Greenie," he smirked, emphasizing the last word, "Guess you're stuck with me for awhile."

Chuck laughed from my hammock, "And Newt!" he shouted, "Geez, that'll be fun."

"Who's Newt?" I asked, looking over my shoulder at the younger boy.

"He's the keeper of the track-hoes, plus he's second in command and all," he chuckled a little to himself.

Minho rolled his eyes, "He's a real slinthead for sure."

Chuck frowned, "No way! He's really nice, Greenie, I promise."

"What's a keeper?" I questioned, changing the subject. I backed up a little so that I'd be able to see both boys at once.

Chuck looked shocked for a second, "Oh! My bad, I must have forgot. Their almost like the leaders of certain worker groups, they keep everything on track and in order. You'll meet most of them tomorrow."

I smiled, "What are all the groups?"

"Well, there's Track-hoes, Slicers, Bricknicks, Builders, Baggers, Med-jacks, Cooks, and Run-"

He was cut off by Minho's terribly placed cough, "Yep! That's all, you'll figure it out tomorrow." Minho stated, taking a huge sigh of relief.

Chuck gasped, whispering sorry as quick as he could. I tilted my head in confusion. "What was the last one?" I asked calmly.

"Cooks?"

"No," I rolled my eyes, "What was Chuck going to say?" I pushed the question a bit, crossing my arms over my chest.

Minho shook his head, "Look, Greenie," he put his hands on his hips, "We're not supposed to talk about it. Alby's orders. Ask him about it if you're really that curious."

I nodded slowly, a little irritated as Minho changed the subject, "Hey! Look at the time," he glanced at the sun through the fabric door, it looked to be going down, "We're having a party tonight if you want to come. Everyone will be there, Gally normally puts on quite a show." He nudged Chuck with his shoulder playfully.

I smiled and let out a little sigh, finally letting my arms fall back to my sides, "Sure, why not. I suppose I need to get to know everyone anyways."

Chuck gleamed at me, "Yes! It'd be perfect!"

Minho nodded in agreement, "See you later, Greenie."

He gave a subtle wave and exited the tent. Chuck jumped up at followed in suit, running after him. I sat down on my new hammock as soon as I couldn't see them anymore.

What is happening?

Everything went by so quickly. I hadn't gotten a second to just sit down and think.
First off, I'm stuck in a Glade? With over 30 boys. That all have no memory of their past life or why they're here. I can't remember my name, and I just met some of the sweetest people ever. Well, that I know of so far.
Why me? Why was I here? Why was I the only girl?

I sighed and laid down, my stomach facing the ceiling. My head was spinning with thoughts. Maybe, I just needed a nap.

From whatever memories I had left, those normally helped.

Get out.

Leave.

Take him.

Be with him.

Save him.

I shot upright, panting. Gasping for air. My throat almost gagged, calling out for oxygen. I couldn't breathe for a moment and sweat began to drip down my forehead. Causing me to take a minute to replay what just happened. I slowly took a deep breath, moving my hands to cover my face.

What the actual fuck was that.

"Hey, Greenie."

A calm accent pulled me out of my palms. I looked up, now face to face with the dirty-blonde haired boy. His dark brown eyes were staring at me again.

Who is this guy anyways?

"You alright, love?" he asked, most likely noticing the cold sweat that glistened on my face.

I sighed, a small laugh escaping my lips at the word love. I whipped my forehead with the back of my hand, "Yea I'm alright, just a nightmare."

He smiled, the sides of his mouth curving up into his cheeks. It was something you could look at for hours, the way his eyes sparkled with curiosity. "The parties about to start in a minute, care to join me?"

I swung my legs around, letting them hang off the hammock while I slid my boots on carefully, "Sure, wouldn't mind some company." I teased.

That got a pure laugh out of him as I pushed myself up and off the hanging bed. It was almost like music, the way he laughed, I wouldn't mind hearing it more often. He held out his hand for me and I took it graciously. "Are you Newt?" I asked.

A smirk touched his lips as he replied, "Yes." he paused, "No doubt Minho and Chuck told you all about me."

Wow, spot on.

I giggled, "Yep, second in command and a real slinthead." I tried to mimic Minho the best I could.

He rolled his eyes and scoffed lightly; it wasn't harsh, it was almost like he was expecting this. "Sounds about right." He finally stated.

I shrugged, "You don't seem too bad."