20

" cornered "

Lana, Cara, Greef Karga and Mando all walked in a line up to the cliff that was above the city

Lana, Cara, Greef Karga and Mando all walked in a line up to the cliff that was above the city. Greef Karga's men followed close behind them, Kuiil was alone riding the last reaming blurrg.

Upon their arrival, Greef Karga slowly steps forward overlooking the city. "I guess this is it." He speaks. His words seemed off with Lana, it was strange to say such in this situation.

Lana glanced to the pod beside her, pondering what Greef Karga was speaking of. But, the sound of his own blasters cleared up her thinking. He shot his own men. Both Cara and Mando had their blasters ready, but after Karga shot his two associates he dropped his weapons.

"There's something you should know." He says glancing between the three of them. Karga walks between them over to one of the bodies slumped on the ground. Mando and Cara don't dare drop their blasters as he flips the body over, kicking the blaster from its hands.

Karga faces Mando again. "The plan was to kill you and take the kid."

Lana felt her heart drop and her fists gather at her side. She knew, once again, something wasn't right. She felt like she could only trust a select few in this galaxy, no one was truthful.

"But after what happened last night, I couldn't go through with it." He admits, scanning the two in front of him. Cara and Mando were ready to blow through his jacket with their blasters, as was Lana, but she was more of the forgiving type, he might've planned to kill him, yet he did save them.

"Go on. You can gun be down here and now and it wouldn't violate the Code. But if you do, this child will never be safe."

Lana slowly places her hand on Mando's forearm. He takes a glance at her, then the child. He brings his hand down slowly, but Cara keeps her aim on him.

"The imperial client is obsessed with obtaining this asset. You tried to run but where did it get you?" Karga points out.

Cara sees Mando no longer pointing his blaster toward the man who planned to kill them. "This is ridiculous."

"Perhaps you should let him speak." Kuiil adds in.

"Listen, we both need the client to be eliminated. Let me take the child to him and then you three..."

"No." Plain and simple Mando responds.

"Let's just kill him and get outta here." Cara breathes out.

"He's right." Mando slides his blaster back into his holster.

"As long as the Imp lives, he'll send hunters after the child." Mando explains to Cara what him and Lana were already thinking.

"It's a trap." Cara protests, still aiming toward Karga.

"Bring me."

"Bring you?"