31

" empty "

Lana and Din had managed to get the Razor Crest flyable to at least make it to Trask

Lana and Din had managed to get the Razor Crest flyable to at least make it to Trask. With a lot of welding and fidgeting, they were able to secure the cockpit, it was the only place where they were able to be in the Crest now.

Their flight to Trask was to be a long one, the ship was half of what it used to be. Lana decided to use the time to finally open her father's journal which she had been dreading. It managed to stay free of destruction surprisingly, maybe it was a sign what was in there was important.

Lana sighed, grabbing the leather bounded book and pulling her knees up to her face. She finally opened to the first page. She saw the year, 19BBY. She read on, but it was nothing what she was expecting from her father's writings. He didn't describe the serene pastures of Sorgan, no, he described something far different.

Her father and mother were born on the planet of Mandalore. They met when they were very young and married there. Lana had never heard of such tale. Her mother was in the fighting corps, The Nite Owls. She fought in the Siege of Mandalore, but then soon deserting. As Lana read on, there was one section which stood out to her the most.

The siege was successful, but Katoa and I have decided this was not the place we wanted to raise our children. Katoa has already told Bo-Katan she will be leaving, but that she will always be around. We will say goodbye to Mandalore and head to a backwater town in the outer rim in two weeks' time. Our children deserve a life of peace.

With every flip of the page Lana learned more and more about the hidden life of her parents. Katoa and Boro Roaz weren't the people she was raised to know.

Lana set the journal down on the floor beside her. She couldn't wrap her mind around what she had read. Her parents weren't born on Sorgan like she was led to believe, it was all a lie. Why did Omera never say anything to her? Why had her father never said anything? Did her mother truly die or was she with these Nite Owls?

She ran her hands through her hair, a million thoughts going through her head. She threw her head back and looked out the glass in front of her. Her parents weren't who she thought they were, she didn't know what her father told her growing up were lies or what were the truth.

Din notices her discomfort; he turns the chair around to face her. "Lana?" He asks. She doesn't turn to him. He stands, moving to the side of her chair where she faced looking out the window, squatting to her eye level. "Are you thinking of your father?" He asks, gently grabbing her knee. "Yeah." She nods.

He gives her knee a squeeze, letting her know he's there for her. She places her hand over his, giving him a weak smile.

•·················•·················•

A while later, Din, the passenger and the child were sound asleep. Lana was still awake though, going through everything she had just learned over and over again. The ships alarm began going off, drawing them awake. "Looks like we made it. Get ready for landing." Din says.