37

" jedi "

"Good morning." Din says as he hears Lana walk into the pit behind him, holding the child in her arms. "Good morning." She blushes. She stands next to Din overlooking the planet in front of them. "Corvus. This is the place." Din looks up to her, "I've detected a beacon. I'm gonna start the landing cycle. You better get back in your seat." He says pulling up a hand to touch the little one's ears.

Lana puts the child in the seat behind Din, buckling the belt around his stomach. She takes her own seat, placing her helmet in her lap. She couldn't stop thinking of the night before, but she knew that had bigger things to be concerned with.

As they enter the atmosphere, Lana notices the forest below them was not really a forest. It was the opposite of Sorgan, all the trees were dead, not a single bit of greenery within sight. She started to get a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. They find an open bit of area to land; Din stands from his seat noticing she was wearing her beskar. "Are you going to wear your armor out?"

Lana looks up, "Um, yeah. I put it on this morning, don't really feel like taking it off." She didn't mean to lie; she just didn't want Din to worry that she wasn't feeling right about this.

When they exit the ship, within the distance between the dead trees, creatures are screeching and lowing around them. Din and Lana stop at the end of the ramp, waiting for the child to follow along. Din turns to face the child when he hears his soft coo. Din notices the child holding the ball a handle from the ship. He sighs, dropping down to grab it. "What did I say about that? This needs to stay in the ship." He says tucking it into one of the pockets of his belt.

"I've never had dealings with the Jedi before." Din picks up the child. "Let's head into town. See if we can pick up a lead."

•·················•·················•

They reach the gates of the town. Numerous of guards begin whispering back and forth as they approach. One man in what looked like repurposed stormtrooper armor presents himself. "State your business."

Din takes a deep breath, "We've been tracking for a few days. Looking for a layover."

The man looks at the two, "Nice armor." Din glances at Lana. "You are hunters then."

"That's right." Lana speaks through her helmet.

"Guild?"

"Last I checked." Din speaks up before Lana can.

The man stares for a second, "Open the gates."

The gates in front of them bellow open, revealing a town the opposite of that on Nevarro. Din and Lana quickly walk through, not trying to raise suspicion. As they looked around, it seemed that there were guards at every corner with heavy blasters. The town seemed desolate, every person they saw seemed to be terrified and starving.

They come across one woman in front of a table full of materials. "Pardon me vendor, have you heard of anyone..." Din isn't able to finish his question when the woman scurries inside. Lana turns to look down an alley, she sees a man squatted next to two children. She pulls Din's sleeve to follow her.

"You there. We need some information." Din says grabbing the man's attention.

"We're looking for someone." Lana adds.

The man stands from the two children, "Please, do not speak to them, or to any of us." he pleads.

"Look, we just need to know..." Lana stops speaking as a group of guards surrounds them.

"The Magistrate wants to see you two." One of the guards speaks.

Lana sighs, following Din as they lead them to the Magistrate. As they approach the building where they are supposed to meet her, they see six cages alongside the path, half of them holding people.

Lana's eyes grow wide, she grips onto Din's sleeve. "Help us." One of them pleads, before a shock is delivered to him. Lana feels tears well up in her eyes seeing them suffer. Din keeps his head low. The gates open to a much more serene atmosphere. There was a path leading up to the front door of the palace, each side had a pond beside it with lots of life. Lana was disgusted to see a leader living such a life while she let her people starve and suffer.

The woman, the Magistrate, speaks from beside one the trees which hung over the path. "Come forward." They do as she says, walking side by side. "You are Mandalorians?" Din doesn't hesitate with his answer. "Yes."

"I have a proposition that may interest you."

"Our price is high."

The Magistrate turns to face them. "This target is priceless. A Jedi plagues me. I want you two to kill her."

Lana swallows the ball in her throat. "That's a difficult task."

"One that you two are well suited for. The Jedi are the ancient enemy of Mandalore."

"As I said, our price is high." Din steps in.

From behind the Magistrate, one of the guard droid's approaches with a large spear in hand. She grabs it, turning to them. "What do you make of this?" She holds it out on the palm of her hands. Din approaches her slowly; Lana follows at his side. He takes the spear from her hands examining it. He brings it above his wrist to softly strike his armor. "Beskar."

"Pure beskar... like your armor. Kill the Jedi and it's yours."

Din hands the spear back to her. "Where do we find this Jedi?"

•·················•·················•

"Well, these are the coordinates." Din says to Lana. They had been walking for hours through the empty forest. There wasn't a single sign of the Jedi, Lana wondered if they were being led into a trap. "Keep your eyes open. We must be close."

A rustling came from in front of them. They stopped in their tracks. Din took the child from the spot on his hip and set him down on a large rock. "Don't worry. Sit right here. Let me see what's out there." He says to the child.

Din pull his scope to his visor; Lana turns to look behind them. Din sighs when he sees some creatures moving slowly in the distance. "False alarm." As soon as the words leave his mouth, a yell comes from beside them. Din throws his wrist up, blocking the lightsaber strike. He uses his other hand to grab Lana's waist, throwing her over to the child. She lands with a grunt, sitting up quickly to be beside the child.

She watches in fear as the woman continuously throws blows to Din with her sabers. Din throws his grappling hook to wrap around her, only earning a smirk from her. She jumps over a branch, bringing Din along with her. He cuts the cord from his wrist falling to the ground, she draws her sabers ready to strike once more.

Lana jumps to be in front of Din who is still struggling to get up. "Ashoka Tano!" She yells throwing her hand up. Ashoka's eyes widen. "Katoa?" She asks lowering her sabers from striking position. Lana drops her hand slowly, she removes her helmet. "No, no..." She puts the helmet under her arm, moving the strand of hair from her face. "I'm her daughter, Lana.  Bo-Katan sent us to you."

Din stands from behind Lana. "We need to talk." he grunts.

Ashoka puts her sabers away, hooking them back on her hip. "I hope it's about him." She smiles looking behind them at the innocent child starring at them.

•·················•·················•

I hope you guys like the arc that she wears her moms armor now :) i thought of it and had no idea how it would be received so I'm hoping you like it !