5

Sophie, Keefe, Dex, Biana, and Fitz walked out of the house together. "What will teams be?" Biana asked.

"I call Foster for my team," Keefe declared, slinging an arm around her shoulder. Sophie blushed.

"Dex can be on our team, too," Sophie added, ducking out from under Keefe's arm. 

"Aww, ok," Biana agreed. "Who will quest first?"

"We can," Dex offered.

"Ok, our base will be..." Biana started.

"That tree," Fitz said, pointing to a big tree in their front yard.

"Ok, we will count to ten. You guys go hide!" Biana squealed. Sophie, Keefe, and Dex all ran off to the Vacker's backyard that was a forest.

"So, what's the plan?" Keefe asked, not at all winded from the run.

"We- we will split up and- rush them," Sophie panted. 

"Not used to this much activity, are you, Foster?" Keefe teased with a wink. Sophie glared at him and punched his arm. "Sorry, sorry! Ok, good idea. Biana's coming with Fitz on her heels. Deck, you be the distraction..."

"MY NAME IS DEX!" Dex yelled, causing Fitz and Biana to run towards them. 

"Run Foster, I'll be right behind you," Keefe commanded. Sophie ran as fast as she could, and didn't look back when she heard footsteps chasing her. She was closing in on the tree and finally tagged it, right before Fitz barreled into her, sending them both tumbling onto the ground.

"Oof," Sophie grunted.

"Oh no! Are you ok? Please tell me you're ok. You need to be-"

"I'm fine," Sophie said, cutting him off and laughing. She looked up and blushed when she realized that he was laying right on top of her. He must have noticed to because he quickly rolled off of her, muttering an apology.

Sophie heard a giggle from the road and rolled over to see a familiar blonde head running down the street, away from the Vacker's house. "What's Marella doing here?" Sophie groaned.

"Probably finding something new to gossip about," Fitz replied with a goofy smile on his face.

Sophie gasped. "You like her, don't you?" she asked.

"Um, erm, kinda, maybe..." Sophie giggled.

"It's fine, I won't tell anyone," Sophie responded.

"What won't you tell anyone?" Keefe questioned, jogging over with Biana and Dex on his heels.

Sophie glanced at Fitz with a look that seemed to say, Can I tell them?

Fitz rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Fitz has a crush on Marella!" Sophie squealed.

"I knew it," Keefe cried.

"Why her?" Dex asked in disgust. "What?" he said when everyone turned to stare at him. Everyone burst out laughing.

"Let's go inside," Fitz suggested. "I'm craving some more mallowmelt."

A few slices of mallowmelt later, Biana looked over at Sophie with a grin on her face. "Can I give you a makeover?" she asked. Not wanting to hurt her friend's feelings, Sophie agreed, and immediately regretted it. Once they arrived in Biana's room, Sophie gasped. There was a huge vanity filled with over a hundred bottles of makeup and lotion and every other beauty product imaginable. "Ok, sit down," Biana demanded, pointing to the swivel chair in front of the vanity.

Sophie obliged and let Biana work her magic. After about 15 minutes of being powdered and treated, Biana pulled her hands away. "I'm done!" she exclaimed. Sophie looked in the mirror and gasped. Biana had evened out her complexion, given her a subtle gold eyeliner, and gave her a little bit of lip gloss that wasn't too noticeable. For the first time in her life, Sophie actually thought that she looked good.

Sophie squealed. "This is amazing Biana! How did you do it?" Biana then went into a long description of what she used, and a tutorial of how to do it. 

"Now you just need an outfit and you will be complete." Biana threw open the doors of her closet and Sophie gasped again. Her closet was huge, and filled with clothes that would suit a princess. Biana searched around the closet for about 5 minutes, picking things up and putting them back until she finally settled on a mid-thigh length red dress and black tights. Sophie put them on and looked in the mirror.

"This looks so good!"

"I know it does," Biana agreed, grinning. "Now let's go downstairs and show the boys." Sophie followed Biana down the carpeted steps and into the living room. As soon as they stepped into the room, the boy's conversation stopped and they all turned around to stare at Sophie. Pretending not to notice, Sophie sat down next to Keefe on the couch.

"Wow Foster, you look really good," Keefe said, staring at Sophie. "Like, really good."

Sophie blushed. "Thanks Keefe," she responded. "But really it was all Biana." After that, everyone settled back down and they started a conversation like old friends.