22

I think there's probably going to be three more chapters after this and then the story will be over. I can't believe we're so close to the end! I love you guys, and sorry for the slowness of this update. xoxo Karissa

--------------------------- 

"Keefe, we're not celebrating. But I mean if there's any mallowmelt I'm all for it," Sophie scolded.

Keefe grinned. "I knew you couldn't resist food, Foster." Sophie rolled her eyes. They were supposed to be helping their friends, not eating.

"Did someone say food?" Della chirped from the doorway, holding a large plate of mallowmelt.

"Foster did!" Keefe exclaimed.

"Shut up, Sencen. You were the one that wanted to celebrate. Celebration means food, so it was you." The couple started bickering, and everyone else just stared, until Dex cleared his throat. Sophie blushed a deep crimson and said, "Um yeah. Right. Food is good."

Della laughed. "Well then here you go!" She set down the plate and left the room. It was silent for a second as everyone just sat there, but then at the exact same time everyone burst out laughing.

Sophie and Keefe reached for the mallowmelt at the same time, coincidentally banging their heads. "Owww," the moaned.

"Ok lovebirds, don't go taking all the mallowmelts," Linh joked.

"Yeah, hear that Foster?" Keefe teased.

"We're not doing this again, Sencen. So, what are we going to do now?" Sophie asked, changing the subject.

"I dunno, we could talk about Fitz's crush on Marella," Biana suggested. At that exact moment, Marella walked through the front door.

"Hey guys- wait, who has a crush on me?" she asked, wide-eyed.

"Um, Marella, what are you doing here?" Fitz asked nervously.

"Well the movie with Stina and Maruca was over, and Stina sent me to tell you that she was going home. But who has a crush on me?"

Everyone was silent, until Sophie had an idea. "Ok Marella, close your eyes. The person who likes you is going to kiss you." Fitz opened his mouth to protest, but remembered that Marella was still in the room. He glared at Sophie, and she blew him a kiss in return.

"I will get you back," he mouthed.

"Um, I'm waiting," Marella giggled from the corner with her eyes closed. Fitz walked over to her and kissed her. Marella immediately broke the eyes shut rule and peeked. When she saw that it was Fitz, she squealed and kissed him back. After about thirty seconds, Keefe cleared his throat. Fitz and Marella jumped away from each other with goofy grins on their faces. 

"Why don't you two go to Fitz's room and talk," Keefe said, smirking. Fitz held out his arm to Marella, and she gladly took it. He led her upstairs to his room.

Linh, Biana, and Sophie all squealed. "That was so cute!" Linh exclaimed.

"Uh huh, sure," Tam replied.

"Oh shut up, Tam. You would be thinking the same thing if you had to kiss Glimmer," Linh remarked. 

Tam rolled his eyes. "Well we better go. I promised Linh I would take her to the pet store today, and there's not much day left. See you guys later," Tam said.

"Bye!" everyone called as the twins walked out the door.

"I should probably get home, too," Sophie said. "Keefe and Dex, are you guys coming?" 

"Nah, I'm going to stay a little while longer," Dex said, scooting closer to Biana.

"I should probably get home to Daddy Dearest," Keefe replied, his shoulders slumping.

Sophie noticed his sudden change in mood and felt bad for her boyfriend. She didn't know what was wrong with Keefe's family, but she wanted to help him. "Want me to walk you home?" Sophie offered gently.

"Awww, the Mysterious Miss F wants to walk me home! I'm touched!" 

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Let's go, Sencen. I don't have all day." As they walked out the door, Sophie added in a whisper, "But maybe I'll have all life."