9

Sophie yawned and rubbed her eyes as she woke up to the sound of her alarm clock beeping. She got out of bed, threw on a pair of clothes, and walked downstairs to the kitchen. Surprisingly, Grady and Edaline were in the kitchen eating breakfast when she got there. Usually Grady was at work and Edaline was still asleep when she woke up.

"What are you guys doing here?" Sophie asked, confused.

"We were just seeing if you had made your decision yet," Edaline replied.

"I-" Sophie started before Grady cut her off.

"You don't have to rush," Grady interrupted quickly. Sophie giggled but then turned serious.

"I have decided that I'm going to do it," Sophie said, knowing that once she said it, there was no going back. Being a part of Team Valiant wasn't something that you could just try, you were either in it, or not.

"Good choice," Edaline said, pinching a scowling Grady. "Both of us approve, right Grady?"

"Mhm," Grady agreed, forcing a smile.

Sophie grinned. "I'm glad everyone agrees. Now I'm going to eat my breakfast because I have 10 minutes before the bus comes." Sophie sat down at the table and had one of Edaline's famous Blitzenberry Muffins. After shoving the muffin into her mouth, Sophie rushed upstairs to get dressed so she wouldn't be late to school. She quickly threw on a red tunic with a pair of black leggings and brushed her teeth. Sophie slung her backpack over her shoulder and called goodbye to Grady and Edaline as she walked out the door. Combing her fingers through her hair as a last minute idea, she made it to the bus stop just as the bus was pulling up.

She stepped into the bus and saw Dex sitting alone. Sophie didn't realize that Dex rode her bus, but now that they were friends, Sophie decided to sit with him. "Hi Dex!" Sophie greeted him. The strawberry blonde looked over in confusion.

"Do you mean Rex? Dex is my older brother, and I'm a triplet."

"Oh," Sophie blushed. "Is Dex here?"

"Yeah, he is in the very last seat," Rex replied.

"Oh, I will sit with him tomorrow, but I'm too lazy to go back there today." Rex giggled. Sophie grinned.

"I'm Sophie by the way."

"I know. Dex talks about you a lot," Rex replied. Sophie blushed.

"So you're a triplet?" she asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yep! It's me, Bex, and Lex."

"That's so cute!" Sophie exclaimed.

Rex blushed. "Yeah, my parents thought it would be funny to give us rhyming names." Just then, the bus pulled up to Foxfire and Sophie jumped up.

"Well I will see you later, Rex!" Sophie called behind her.

"Bye Sophie!"

As Sophie walked to her class, Dex came up beside her. "Why were you sitting with my brother?" he asked.

Sophie blushed. "Um, well I kinda thought he was you." Dex cracked up.

"That's hilarious. Well sit with me tomorrow, ok?"

"Sure," Sophie replied.  "But let's get to class now." Dex followed Sophie inside, but left to go to his locker once they got to the 11th grade wing. 

"See you in a minute, Sophie," Dex said. Sophie nodded and spun around, hearing her name. When she spotted the suspect, she grinned.

"Hi Keefe!" Sophie greeted the mischievous blonde.

"Hey, so, I was wondering about last night when I walked you home..." Keefe trailed off and Sophie blushed.

"You were wondering..." Sophie responded, trying to get him to talk.

"I was wondering... if you maybe wanted to go to a movie with me this afternoon?"

Sophie smiled. "I would love to," she replied.

"It's a date, Foster. See you then!" Keefe winked and walked away to his locker.