You Hear Him Sing

Chris:
Chris Chambers was basically perfect. He only had one flaw: He couldn't sing. He was truly a horrible singer. You found this out first hand when you went to visit him at his house one day. You were making your way up to his room, when you heard Chris singing along to the radio. And it was bad; like really bad. He was absolutely tone death. Of course, he had to have something wrong with him. After all, he was handsome, smart, funny, and sweet. He had to have one flaw and that was that he couldn't sing.

You quickly couldn't bare the sound anymore, so you walked into Chris's room and kissed him in an attempt to get him to shut up.

You eventually pulled away and said, "I love you more than anything, Chris Chambers, but you cannot sing for the life of you."

Chris chuckled at that and stretched the back of his neck, "Did I really sound that bad?"

You nodded and said, "Yeah, it really was."

"Geez, harsh audience," Chris joked.

You laughed and kissed him again, "I mean, you are pretty cute. At least you have that going for you."

Chris laughed again before kissing you once more.

Gordie:
Gordie could actually sing pretty well. You found this out for the first time when you two were at a homecoming dance. "My Girl" by The Temptations started playing, and you and Gordie had started slow dancing. Your head was rested on Gordie's shoulder when you heard him start to softly sing along with the track:

I've got so much honey the bees envy me
I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees
Well I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl ooh)

You lifted your head up, and kissed Gordie on the cheek. You then rested your forehead against Gordie's.

"You have a really nice voice, Gordie," You told him.

Gordie started to blush, "You really think so?"

You nodded and gave him a quick kiss, "I do, you sound good."

"I guess I should sing to you more often then, huh?" Gordie responded.

You said, "I'd like that."

Gordie pulled you close to him again and sang along to the rest of the song. He wasn't necessarily confident in his vocal ability, but he was more than happy to sing if it made you smile.

Teddy:
Teddy had to be the worst singer on the planet; even worse than Chris. He sounded like a cat was being beaten with a baseball bat. It was that bad. The first time you heard Teddy sing was after you had performed in our school's production of Oklahoma! You had gotten the lead roll of Laurey Williams, and Teddy had of course come to see you. As soon as the show was over, you had walked out to talk to the audience, and Teddy pulled you into a hug.

"You were amazing!" Teddy told you.

"Thank you, Teddy Bear!" You responded.

Teddy kissed you and said, "Of course, you were the best person on that stage."

Your parents had taken you and Teddy out to dinner after the show, and the entire time Teddy was complimenting you on your performance. He wouldn't stop telling you how pretty you looked; what a good actor you are; and what a pretty voice you had. You couldn't stop blushing at all the compliments he was giving you.

Later that night, you and Teddy were hanging out in your room. Teddy said to you, "You know, I really liked the one song in the show, about being in love. I reminds me of you."

Teddy started singing the lyrics to People Will Say We're in Love, and while it was sweet, he truly sounded horrific. You tried your best to listen to him, but it quickly became too much to bare.

"Stop, stop, please stop! I can't deal with it! Please stop singing!" You exclaimed.

Teddy looked at you with a raised eyebrow, "What's wrong with my singing?"

"Theodore Duchamp, I love you with all my heart," you said, "But you cannot sing for the life of you."

Teddy smirked at you, "Well in that case..."

Teddy then started to sing even louder, and you jokingly covered your ears. Your boyfriend was a complete idiot, but he was an adorable idiot.

Ace:
No one would believe you, but Ace had an amazing voice. You two were driving around Castle Rock and the radio was playing. An Elvis song had started playing on the radio, and Ace started singing along:

If you miss the train I'm on
You will know that I am gone
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles
A hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles. a hundred miles,
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles

You were surprised by Ace's voice, it had a raspy quality to it that was really hot. You sat there, mesmerized by your boyfriend's singing. Once Ace stopped the car in an empty field, you pulled him into a long, passionate kiss.

Once you pulled away, Ace asked you, "Okay, I'm definitely not complaining, but what was that for?"

You shrugged as you told him, "You sound really hot when you sing."

Ace smirked at that, "Is that so?"

You smiled and kissed him once more.

Eyeball:
You had come home one day, and Richie was in the kitchen putting dishes away. He had the radio playing and the song "Oh, What a Night" by the Four Seasons was playing. Richie was singing along mindlessly.

Oh, what a night
Late December, back in '63
What a very special time for me
As I remember, what a night

He sounded really good. In fact, he almost sounded like Frankie Valli. You were surprised by how nice Richie's voice was. You walked into the kitchen, and saw that his back was turned to you. You walked up behind him and wrapped your arms around his torso.

Richie, knowing that it was you, turned around and gave you a kiss.

"Hey there, sunshine," He greeted.

"Hi Richie," you responded, with a slight smirk on your face.

Richie quickly took notice of the smirk and asked, "I know that look. What's that face for?"

"Nothing," you shrugged, "I just had no idea you could sing like that."

Richie smiled at you. Instead of saying something in response. He spun you around and started dancing around the kitchen with you. He kept singing:

Oh, what a night
Hypnotizing, mesmerizing me
She was everything I dreamed she'd be
Sweet surrender, what a night

Moments like this were always your favorite with Richie; when the two of you could just be goofy and have fun. Plus, you absolutely loved the sound of your boyfriend's voice.

Note: This was just a cute little idea I had. My last preference was kind of heavy, so I thought I'd do something sweet and fluffy. I hope you guys enjoy! Don't forget to comment any ideas for preferences or imagines. Thanks for reading! :)