The Proposal

Chris:
Today was the day. Chris was finally graduating from law school. After years of hard work, long nights studying, and people telling him that he could never do it, Chris was finally graduating from law school. You always knew that he would be able to do it, and now you got to watch with pride as he received his law degree. When he walked up on stage to receive his diploma, he looked over at you and smiled. You smiled back and blew him a quick kiss from where you were sitting.

When the ceremony was over, you immediately ran over to Chris who picked you up in a hug and spun you around once. As he continued to hug you, you told him, "Chris, I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you Beautiful," Chris said, as he pulled away to look you in the eyes, "I love you."

"I love you too," you said before leaning down and giving him a sweet kiss.

When Chris finally put you down, your parents came over. It was no surprise that Chris's family didn't come, but thankfully your parents loved Chris and accepted him as a member of the family. They supported Chris almost as much as you did and even helped him pay for law school. Both of your parents gave him hugs. Your mom told him, "Congratulations Chris."

"We're really proud of you, son," your dad told him, "You worked real hard for this."

Chris happily thanked both of your parents before your mom held up her camera and asked, "Could I get a few pictures of the two of you?"

"Yeah, of course," Chris answered as you nodded your head.

Your and Chris each wrapped one arm around each other and smiled as your mom snapped pictures at the two of you. As your mom took the pictures, your dad stood next to her smiling proudly. At one point, Chris whispered to you, "You know, I couldn't have done this without you."

"Chris, you're too sweet," you responded.

"I mean it," Chris said, "You've been my biggest cheerleader this entire time. You believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself. I can't imagine not having you next to me."

After saying that, Chris pulled a small velvet box out of his pocket and slowly got down on one knee. You gasped and cupped both hands over your mouth. Of course, you and Chris had talked about getting married one day, but you didn't know that he was planning on proposing today. It was a shock to the system in the best way possible. Ever since high school, you had dreamed about the day Chris would propose to do. You wondered where he would do it, what he would say, what the ring would look like. Now that the moment was finally here, you wouldn't want to change anything. It was absolutely perfect.

"Y/n, I love you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me," Chris told you before finally asking, "Will you marry me?"

Tears of pure joy were streaming down your face at this point. You moved your hands from your face to gently cup Chris's face as you answered with a bright smiled, "Of course I will."

As soon as you said that, Chris immediately leaned in and gave you a loving kiss as he slowly stood up. When he pulled away, he said with a smile and a soft voice, "Here, give me your hand. I'll put the ring on."

You had honestly forgotten about the ring until that point. you were too focused on the fact that you and Chris were getting married to pay much attention to the ring. You finally held your hand out as Chris carefully took the ring out of the box and slid it on to your finger that you also were the promise ring Chris gave you on. The ring was beautiful: a silver band with a pear shaped diamond and a little infinity twist.

"Chris, it's gorgeous," you told him as you looked down at it adoringly, "I love it."

"Okay good, cause you're mom helped me pick it out," Chris explained with laughter in his voice.