Babysitting With Him

Note: I think this is one of the most wholesome preferences I've ever written. I was smiling the whole time I was writing them. I hope you guys enjoying reading this preferences as much as I enjoy writing them.

Chris:
Your aunt had just had a baby girl named Molly three months ago. She was a single mother, so your parents helped her out a lot. One Friday night, your parents decided to take your aunt out for dinner, and you gladly volunteered to take care of your baby cousin while they went out.

You were in the middle of giving Molly a bottle when the phone rang. You set the bottle down on the kitchen table and put Molly in her playpen before walking over to the phone to answer it.

"Hello?" You said with the hint of a question in your voice.

You heard Chris's voice on the other end of the line say, "Hey y/n."

"Hi Chris, what's going on?" You asked.

Chris said, "I wanted to know if you wanted to go to the movies tonight."

"I'm sorry. I'd love too, but I can't. I'm babysitting Molly tonight," you explained.

Chris paused for a moment before asking, "Oh okay. Do you want me to help you?"

You felt yourself smile at that idea and said,  "Yeah, I'd really like that."

"I'll be over in a little bit then," Chris said.

You and Chris exchanged goodbyes on the phone before hanging up. About half an hour later, you were sitting on the floor, playing with Molly when there was a knock on the door. You picked her up and answered the door.

Chris was standing there holding a small duffle bag. His face brightened when he saw you.

"Hey there, beautiful," he greeted.

You smiled back at him, "Hey Chris."

You leaned in for a quick kiss which Chris gladly gave you. When you pulled away you said, "Thanks so much for coming over."

"Of course," Chris responded.

He then turned his attention to the baby in your arms. He smiled down at her and gently held his hand out to her as he said, "Hello Molly."

Molly lifted her tiny hands out to Chris and grabbed one of his fingers. You and Chris both smiled as Molly did this. Chris had been at your house when your Aunt brought Molly over, and your little cousin seemed to like Chris a lot. It always made your heart flutter a little when you saw Chris with Molly.

You led Chris into the family room where you both sat down on the couch. Once you were both settled, you asked Chris, "What's the duffle bag for?"

Chris unzipped the bag as he said, "Well, I figured if I came to help with Molly, I should probably come prepared. So I brought a few things from when I was a baby."

Chris began to pull stuff out of the bag: a blanket, a few baby books, and a tiny pillow.

"Also, before coming here I went out and bought this," he said.

As he said this, he pulled out a tiny unicorn stuffed animal. You held Molly up a little bit so she could see it.

"Molly, look what Chris got you," you said to her in a sweet voice.

Chris held up the toy to Molly. She held her tiny hands out and grabbed the stuffed animal form Chris. She pulled it close to her and started to cuddle it. The sight made your heart melt.

"Thank you, Chris," you said, "That was very sweet of you."

"Of course," Chris responded before saying, "Is it okay if I hold her?"