Kiss Me Slowly (Gordie Imagine)

This imagine is for the lovely stranger_uris . I hope you enjoy your imagine! Be sure to vote and comment if you do. Thank you for supporting these preferences.

On their first date, Gordie tried to kiss Clara, but she chickened out at the last moment. Looking back at it, she absolutely regretted not kissing him, but at the time she was too nervous.

Gordie had taken Clara to the movies for their first date, and they had seen Breakfast at Tiffany's. It was pretty much the perfect date movie in every way: funny, cute, and romantic. Every now and then during the movie, the two of them would look over at each other and smile. Clara's heart fluttered whenever they did this.

Everything had been going perfectly until the very end of the movie when Holly and Paul kiss in the rain. As the scene played, Gordie gently squeezed Clara's hand which he had been holding for the entire movie. Clara looked over at him and the two once again smiled at each other. Then Gordie slowly started to lean in, and Clara's heart stopped.

The entire week leading up to their date, Clara had been praying that the date would end in a kiss. But now that it was actually happening, she panicked. This would be both of their first kisses, after all. What if she wasn't a good kisser? What if Gordie didn't like kissing her? What if the kiss was so bad that Gordie never talked to her again?

In a moment of panic, Clara turned her head at the last minute and Gordie ended up kissing her cheek. Clara was certain that she could die of embarrassment right then and there. Thankfully, Gordie hadn't brought it up, and it didn't seem to make things awkward between the two of them. They continued to hang out and spend time together. The time together was fun and felt natural, not awkward like Clara had expected.

It had been a week since Gordie and Clara's first date, and the two of them were currently at the library picking out new books to read. While they were there, Carla was searching every single shelf for a copy of Lord of the Flies. One of her friends had recently recommended it to her, and she was very excited to read it. Eventually, she spotted the novel on the top shelf.

"Gordie, I found it!" She announced excitedly as she reached up to try and grab it.

Unfortunately, Clara was pretty short, so she was having trouble reaching the book. She eventually stood up on her toes in order to grab it. Suddenly, she felt an arm wrap around her waist and lift her up. She looked over her shoulder slightly to confirm that it was Gordie who had lifted her up. She quickly grabbed the book, and Gordie slowly planted her back on the ground, but kept an arm around her. Clara turned around in his arms to see that Gordie was looking at her like she was a precious gem, and it made her heart stop. Gordie carefully lifted a hand up to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear before gently cupping her cheek. Once again, Gordie started to slowly lean in.

This time, Clara didn't panic and pull away. Instead, she embraced her excited nerves and let her eyes flutter shut as Gordie brushed his lips against her. The kiss was soft, sweet, and oh so perfect. Gordie kissed her very gently, which Clara appreciated as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back with just as much gentleness. Butterflies filled her stomach in the best way possible. The kiss lasted a few seconds before Gordie pulled away, leaving Clara in a happy daze.

Gordie must have misread Clara's lack of reaction because he started to say, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...I just thought that-"

Clara cut him off by pressing a quick peck to his lips. She then pulled away, smiled at him, and said, "Trust me, Gordie. It's perfectly fine."

Gordie smiled back at her and said, "Well in that case..."

He then leaned in and kissed her once more. As the two of them kissed, Clara quickly realized that it was going to be the first kiss of many.