He Gets Sick

Chris:
Chris had been feeling under the weather all week, but he had a lot of tests that week in school so he decided to suck it up in order to not have to make up any work. However, every day he went to school just made his symptoms worse, and by Friday night he was completely burned out.

You went over to his locker at the end of the day on Friday in order to walk home with him. You saw Chris putting his books away, and you could see how much color was drained from his face.

You walked up to him and asked him, "Hey Chris, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling better," Chris mumbled although you could hear in his voice that he was congested.

You put your hand on Chris's forehead to feel for a fever.

"Chris, you're burning up," You told him.

Chris shook his head, that's when you noticed that he was struggling to keep his eyes open, and he said, "Y/n, really I'm fine."

"No, you're not," you said as you grabbed his hand and started pulling him away, "Come on."

"Where are we going?" Chris asked you.

"I'm taking you to my house, so you can rest up," You told him.

After the short walk home, you sat Chris down on your couch and said, "Stay right here. I'll be right back."

You ran upstairs and grabbed some blankets and space pillows out of the closet. You then went into the bathroom and grabbed a bottle of tylenol. You then went back downstairs and into your kitchen and filled a glass with water. You returned to the living room where Chris was now laying on the couch.

You put the glass of water and the bottle of Tylenol on the table next to the couch. You then started to put the pillow under Chris's head, dance cover him with the blankets.

"Here you go, Chris," you said as you did this, "Hopefully, this makes you feel a little more comfortable."

You then took two pills out of the Tylenol and handed both of them to Chris along with the glass of water. You said to him, "Here, this should help you feel better."

Chris sat up a little bit and swallowed both of the pills with the water, before placing it back on the table. He then laid back down and said, "Thanks, y/n."

"No problem, Chris," you said, "Just try and rest up, okay?"

You rubbed his head gently as he fell asleep. He woke up hours later to see you reading a book in your father's recliner chair. You smiled at him when you saw him awake.

"How are you feeling?" You asked him.

"I'm feeling a little better," he answered honestly.

"That's good," you said before asking him, "Do you want a cup of tea?"

Chris nodded his head yes, so you headed into the kitchen. After a few moments of waiting for the kettle to boil, you returned to Chris with a cup of tea. He gratefully took it from you.

"Thank you, angel" he said.

"You're welcome, Chris," you said as you sat down next to him, "My parents went out to dinner, but they said that you can stay here tonight."

Chris smiled at you before once saying saying, "Thanks for taking care of me, y/n."

"Of course, Chris. I'll alway be here to take care of you," you said before gently kissing his forehead, not wanting to kiss him on the lips and get sick yourself.

You had to admit, as much as you didn't like seeing Chris sick, you did love being able to baby him.

Gordie:
You went over to Gordie's house one Saturday, excited to spend the day with him. You knocked on his front door, but instead of Gordie answering, it was his mother.