He's Insecure

Note: Sorry this took so long to get up. My writing schedule got thrown off recently, and I'm trying to get it back on track. As for this preference, I know that I did a preference about the reader being insecure, but I decided to do one about the guys being insecure. I feel like not a lot of being write about guys having insecurities, and I feel like more people should because guy's have insecurities as well. I hope you all enjoy! Be sure to vote and comment if you did. Thanks for reading! :)

Chris:
"Alright class, I've decided that instead of a test for the end of this chapter that we're going to do a group project," Mrs. Davis, your history teacher announced.

You and Chris looked over at each other and smiled. You then looked over at Gordie and exchanged smiles with him. It was an unspoken agreement that the three of you were going to work together. That was until the teacher said, "I picked your groups at random, so when I call your name get with your groups."

Chris then looked at you with a disappointed expression. You shrugged at him in response. After all, if the groups were picked by random there was still a change you, Gordie, and Chris could end you working together.

As it turned out, you and Gordie were in the same group along with a girl named Lucy that you were friends with. As much as you were bummed out that Chris was in your group, you quickly grew worried when Mrs. Davis announced that Chris was in a group with Frankie Heron and Connie Rodgers. Frankie and Connie were the snobbiest people in the whole school. They thought that they were better than everyone else just because their parents were rich, and they treated anyone who didn't have as much money as them like scum.

When you broke out into your groups, you said to Gordie, "I'm worried about Chris being in a group with Connie and Frankie."

"Y/n, it's gonna be fine," Gordie ressaured you, "Chris is a big boy, he can handle himself."

"I guess you're right," you said.

However, after a few minutes into working on the project, Frankie walked up to Mrs Davis's desk and asked, "Mrs. Davis, is there any possibility I could change groups?"

"Why? Is there a problem?" She asked him.

  Frankie answered, "I just don't think it's fair that I have to work with Chris."

Due to the fact that Frankie was talking rather loudly, everyone in the class heard and looked over at Chris. Chris put his head down, probably trying to keep people from staring at him.

Mrs. Davis said, "Frankie, don't you think you're being a little unfair."

"Mrs. Davis, he's a Chambers," Frankie argued, "You know how the Chambers are."

"I do, but part of growing up is learning how to deal with difficult people," Mrs. Davis responded.

As soon as she said that, Chris got up and stormed out of the classroom. You couldn't blame him. It was one thing for an asshole with Frankie to talk about Chris, but the fact that even a teacher was describing Chris as "difficult" was a special kind of cruel.

"I'm gonna go check on him," you whispered to Gordie.

Gordie nodded and whispered back, "Good idea."

You then raised your hand and asked, "Mrs. Davis, can I go to the bathroom?"

"Of course, go right ahead," She said.

You walked out of the classroom and went off to go find Chris. You immediately knew where to go to find him. You went to the back of the school before exiting through the doors. You saw Chris leaning against the brick of the building while smoking a cigarette. This spot was where you and Chris met everyday after school, so you knew that you could find him there. You walked how to him and wrapped your arms around his neck. He smiled slightly at you.