I Like the Sound of That (Eyeball Imagine)

This imagine is for the lovely _venus_daughter_ . I hope you enjoy! This imagine is inspired by the song I Like the Sound of That by Rascal Flatts. Feel free to catch out the song on Youtube as it's one of my favorites. Also, let me know if like these types of imagines inspired by songs, and I might start doing some preferences inspired by songs.

I love hearing that shower turn on
Bet there's nothin' but a towel on you
You sing along with some Timberlake bumpin'
But he ain't got nothin' on you

Ida had a habit of singing in the shower. She would turn the radio on full volume, and sing along to whatever song came on the radio. It was relaxing for Ida to hop in the shower after a full day at school and gently sing to herself. Eyeball loved to hear his girlfriend sing in the shower. He thought that she had the most beautiful voice in the world. To Eyeball, the actual singers on the radio had nothing on Ida.

I don't wanna hear the coffee pouring
A goodbye kiss, then lockin' the door yeah
Sounds like leavin' you

Eyeball stayed over at Ida's house most nights as he would much rather spend the night in his girlfriend's arms than at home with his drunk father. These nights were always Ida's favorites. She loved being able to fall asleep next to Eyeball and kiss him when they woke up. In the morning, they would eat breakfast and drink coffee together. They would savor every moment they had together before Eyeball had to leave. It would always hurt Eyeball a little bit whenever he kissed Ida goodbye in the morning. He never wanted to leave her.

It's a little too loud on the highway
I wanna pull back in your driveway
It's way too quiet at my place
Wanna come on over, come on over

No matter where Eyeball was, he would think about Ida. Whenever he was out driving around with the gang, he couldn't help but notice how loud the busy streets were. It would make him wish that he was at Ida's house, curled up on the couch with her watching a movie. Whenever he was at home and his dad was passed out on the couch, he would feel himself grow restless in the uneasy silence of his house. He would soon find himself driving to Ida's house where they would play some of her vinyls and dance around her family room.

I just wanna hear that ringtone
I like it turned up when you're blowin' up my phone
Wanna hear you say come on over
'Cause when you tell me to come on over
I like the sound of that

Eyeball was always the first to pick up the phone at the Chambers house, hoping that it would be Ida. Ida would often call Eyeball asking him to come over and hang out. Eyeball never hesitated to yes when he heard his girlfriend ask him to hang out. It was one of his favorite sounds.

Love the sound of the thunder rollin'
Makes you move a little closer to me
Girl I bet that your neighbors hate us
'Cause we could laugh all night and never sleep

Ida always got a little freaked out by storms; she didn't like the sound of thunder or lightning. Whenever there was a storm, she would call Eyeball who would immediately come over. Once he was at her house, she would wrap her arms around her boyfriend and hold him close. Eyeball would always try to distract her from the storms by telling her stupid jokes and trying to make her laugh. It always worked and Ida and Eyeball would stay up all night laughing. They laughed so much to the point where they would urge the neighbors could hear them.

We can worry 'bout the world in the mornin'
Light up a candle, lock the door
Wanna stay right here with you, yes I do

Ida and Eyeball didn't worry about anything else when they spent the night together. They simply locked the door, and let the world melt away. They would stay in each other's arms all night.

Turn your radio on, baby turn down the lights
I'm ain't goin' nowhere, I'm all yours tonight

Often times, Ida and Eyeball would turn on the radio, turn the lights down, and dance around the kitchen. In those moments, Eyeball would promise Ida that he wasn't leaving anytime soon; he promised that he was hers. And Ida promised that she was his.

Wanna hear you say come on over
'Cause when you tell me to come on over
I like the sound of that

Eyeball always loved when Ida asked him to come over. It was his favorite sound in the world.

Note: I hope you enjoyed your imagine, Ida! Thank you so much for reading and continuing to support my preferences! <3