Chapter 4

"Let's try this again. Cue the music!" He barks, cueing the music of TWYMMF. I stand in my position while Ana stood in hers. She wore a similar slick, black dress with matching heels and her hair hair-sprayed to perfection. She looked fierce and in the best way possible.
     "Doo dooooo, doo doooo," the track sang as I make my way towards her. "Hey pretty baby...with the high heels on." I sing, her face filled with pretend disgust as I make sexual gestures to her.
     I then stick out my hand before skillfully wrapping it around her thin waist. She crosses her arms before throwing them in the air and walking away. 'She's so much better than Rachel.'
     "You're just a product of your loveliness, I like the groove of your walk, your talk, your dress!" I sing, tipping my fedora down as I buck my hips to the beat.
     Whipping my head to her, I bite my lip while smiling before shuffling my feet to her to the beat. 'This was gonna be perfect.'
     "Right that's enough." He yells, stopping the music as well as our performance. "It's perfect, we're definitely ready."
     Ana turns her head to face me before pulling a smirk that read, 'Can't wait to perform live with you.' Or something along those lines. I was truly excited.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

     "Yes mom I understand...no I didn't do...will you let me finish?" I chuckle as she becomes my protective mother over the phone.
     "Oh this is so great! You two have a better chance of getting to know each other, how exciting!" She says on the other line. "Wait, lemme FaceTime you."
     "Mom I don't think..." before I could even finish, she calls me on FaceTime. Shaking my head, I slip behind a small wall to get away from the busy crew who were putting the finishing touches on the stage.
     "Hey there!" She cheers, her bright face appearing on my screen followed by a wave. I return the gesture with a nod and smile.
     "Hi mum, you still in LA?"
     "Oh absolutely. In fact, I'm here with the boys." She says, flipping the camera to find Freddie, Roger, and John all drinking before noticing me and waving.
     "Hey Michael! How's touring darling?" Freddie asks as he takes a chug of vodka.
     "It's...it's not easy that's for sure. I wouldn't be getting this far without the Angel holding the phone." I say allowing them to all look over to my mother and smile.
     "Michael, quit flattering me." I hear my mother say as Roger smiles pridefully at her. Sometimes, I was truly happy for the two even though my father died with a somewhat shameful wife.
     "Mom, I'm on in like 10. You gotta let me go." I chuckle as she turns the phone back around to face her and Roger.
     "Alright baby, well...kill them. Show them what us Brits do." She laughs as Roger next to her nods with a smile painted across his face.
     "Go get em, Mike." He says as my mother blows me a kiss.
     "Alright, love you both, bye then." I say before ending the call and hurrying over to Manager where the makeup artists do their final touches on me.
     "Michael! You're on in 5 minutes. The crowds huge!" He says, picking behind the curtain to find the thousands of fans in their paid for seats.
     "I know, I know... where's Ana?" I ask, looking around the busy backstage for her.
     "Probably in her fucking spot, unlike you." He replies harshly before grasping my hand and placing me on the left stage entrance. "Now stop mingling off." He mutters before going over to make sure everything else is perfect.
     I pout in my stance as the lights dim in the audience and everyone grows quiet with excitement. Suddenly, snaps are heard echoing the stadium allowing myself to begin my entrance. The stage was dark, the light focusing on my shoes as I walk over to the briefcase in the middle of the stage.
     The crowd yelps and cheers before the spotlight grows the the audience bursts into chants as I smile at them. Opening the briefcase, I snap with the beat before pulling out a black fedora that got everyone screaming again.
     Next was the single white glove that I slide on before closing the case and kicking it away from my dancing space. Finally, Billie Jean is heard bouncing off the walls of the stadium as I begin to feel the beat.
     Then, I start dancing my heart out. Bucking my hips and sliding across the stage, the crowd cheers on as I begin to sing. "she was more like a beauty queen, from a movie scene. I said I don't mine but what do you think, I am the one? Throw the dance, on the floor, in the round baby."
     "She told me her name was billie jean, as she crossed a scene." I sang, the crowd singing with me as I walk across the stage and continue with the choreography.
     "Sing with me! The Billie Jean is, not my lover. She's just a girl who thinks that I am the one..." I belt, "people always told me, be careful what you do, don't go around breaking young girl's hearts."
     Now, it was dance break time. Taking a stance, I looking around before spinning around once and swiftly going into my iconic, Moonwalk. The lights sync with the beat and claps the audience produced.
     Taking ahold of my hat, I swiftly take it off during a spin into again, a dark stage where the next song started. That was when the spotlight landed on Rachel and her entrance. The "doos" continue until I enter from the opposite side that I exited from.
     "Hey pretty baby with the high heels on." I sing, her head whipping over to face me before rolling her eyes in an exaggerated way. This was definitely the best show so far.
     It was getting to the point where the song was gonna end. This was also when the girl was supposed to realize she needed me all along. "Come on, be my girl. Ain't nobody's baby." I sing, wrapping my arms around her waist as she returns with her arms around my neck. This part almost always made me laugh in front of everyone because, we were supposed to kiss but before we did, the lights would turn off and the next song would play. This time felt different though.
     I looked into her eyes as I sang the last of the words in the mic attaching to my ear. I bite my bottom lip to keep me from laughing at the awkwardness before coming closer just as the lights flick off.
     "Good job." I whisper before parting away from her to backstage where they quickly changed me into my Thriller outfit. The howling of wolves and footsteps is heard as I walk underneath the stage down a narrow hallway to the platform that would lift me up back onto the stage.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

     If I had explained the whole show, we would be here forever so let's skip to when the show ended. "Thank you all for taking the time to see me perform here in beautiful San Diego. I hope to see you all real soon and please drive home safe. Thank you, I love you all." I say, waving goodbye, the girls in the front squealing and crying at my short speech. Finally reaching backstage, I'm thrown with congratulations and towels to lessen my sweat.
     "Hey good job Mike, it was a great show." Manager says, patting my back before going over to the crew to help take down our equipment.
But I had better things in mind. I had to find Ana.