Chapter 11

Her eyes grow wide for a split second before a small smile stretches across her face. "Oh, no that's perfectly fine. It's...it's my diabetes. I have type two for about 2 years now which sucks but I get why you seem concerned. I'd be concerned if I found syringes in someone's purse." She replies as my body relaxes from its heavy tension that was built up over the ecstatic seconds.
     "Oh, what a shame. Sorry again for intruding." I apologize once more, still feeling a bit guilty.
     "Oh please, don't be. In fact, when you met me in the airport, I was just getting back from a doctors appointment up in Sacramento. I have family there so Susie stayed with my sister while I went for the appointments." She adds.
     'It all made sense now. I don't know why drugs came to my mind. I could never see a mother doing drugs while caring for a daughter like Susie.'

     We arrived at the arena on time. The crew immediately started to unload the buses and other vehicles full of equipment while I ventured in to show my guests a tour of my hometown arena.
     "So, this is the stage and of course the entire arena. I performed here a few times but tonight is predicted to have a full house." I explain to Molly as we walk down the aisles towards the stage.
     "What's a full house, Michael?" Susie asks as she climbs over seats.
     "It's when every single one of these seats is taken by someone who has paid to see me perform." I explain, spinning in a circle to show the entire empty arena that was sure to fill with people soon.
     "Wow! All of them?"
     "Yes hon, all of them." Molly replies as I see some crew members setting up the stage.
"Michael darling!" I hear my mother call from the platform before appearing from down stage left. "Why aren't you rehearsing boy?"
"Oh mother, I have all the time in the world." I sigh as I jump onto the stage, bending down and lending Molly my hand. She smiles before gladly taking it and hopping up along side me. "C'mon Little Susie." I coo before bending down further and picking her up so she was safely in my arms.
"Well, legacy doesn't wait for time to catch up on him. Do you not remember what I told you when you were first born?" She sighs, crossing her arms over her dress as Roger talks to Manager.
"You remind me almost daily." I reply, walking over to her before taking her hands in mine. "Time is a monster." I recite as a calm smile spreads across her lips.
"That's right, now go at least do a quick costume change...for me?" She pouts, batting her eyelashes at me as I roll my eyes.
"Whatever makes you happy." I reply, placing a kiss on her cheek before parting away from her. "Oh, can you watch Susie?"
"But of course! Susie dear, would you like to learn how to play the drums?" She asks the small child who grows wide eyed, for usual, before nodding her head. "Roger dear, c'mer darling." She calls over to her husband who just pulls a smile at the sight of his wife before joining her.
I finally locate my room, leaving everyone else behind before closing it behind me. My reflection catches my eyes allowing me to stop for a brief second to admire myself a bit. 'Dad would be proud.'
Anyways, I take off my shirt and replace it with the blue one that went with the white suit I was gonna wear. Before I could even put on the white jacket though, my door opens and a girl stubbles through.
"Oh Michael? I'm so sorry, I thought this was the bathroom." Molly apologizes while straightening up and grasping the door frame for support.
"You mean the door that has "Michael Jackson" on it?" I chuckle at her sense of humor. It was obvious she was trying to look for me. "Are you drunk already?"
"No I uh...I just took the last of my medication and sometimes I just...stumble a bit." She explains, grasping her head before looking back up at me with half opened eyes. "C..can I sit down, please?"
"Yes yes, of course." I reply, taking her hand and setting her down in a nearby chair. "Do you need water or anything?" I ask as she breathes heavily while grasping her head with both hands.
"No no I'm fine." She sighs before dragging her hands down her face and into her lap. "It hasn't been easy ever since Susie's dad passed away. And with my this new sickness on me...I want her to know that I'll be okay, Y'know?" She says, turning to me as I nod my head. I knew exactly what she meant.
"What ever happened...to your husband?" I ask as she leans back, making my arm wrap around her coincidentally.
"Well, he died in a car crash about 2 years ago. My oldest, Anna...shes been staying with her grandfather on her dad's side for about 2 months now. She has pneumonia and can only get better if she isn't with us. We caused her too much stress, me mourning and Susie just being a nagging child at some point." She beginning to tear up a bit and I tried my best to comfort her.
     "I'm so sorry, Molly." I whisper in her ear as she quickly wipes her tears. "I couldn't imagine what you must be going through."
"I'm sorry I kissed you yesterday, Michael I just..." she pauses, turning we head and gazing into my eyes. "I couldn't contain myself." She whispers, looking back down at my lips, exchanging the looks with my eyes and lips.
She wanted to kiss me and I couldn't help but feel bad for her. Losing your husband and possibly your daughter is something I'd die from. I had to make it up to her, maybe steer her away from the thought.
Without thinking, I grab ahold of one side of her face before crashing my lips onto hers. She took it by surprised but it quickly subsided and she gave in. Her hands tangled in my hair while mine caressed her waist.
I couldn't stop. Ana left my mind for a good 30 minutes that we made love in my dressing room, making sure to be a quiet as possible as my crew and family was outside still.
When it was done and she finished, I immediately placed my clothes back on and thought about everything I had just done. I had definitely betrayed Ana and worse, behind her back.
"Shoot, I gotta go to the pharmacy. Do you think one of your drivers and take me there?" She asks as she pulls her shirt back on. I press my lips together in shame before nodding my head and showing a fake smile. "Great, I'll take Susie also. She could use a bite to eat." She says as she looks through her phone for a bit before opening the door. "Bye Michael and thank you!" She calls out before leaving. I take that time to gently lay my forehead on the table and slam my fist on the mirror in anger.
'Why...the fuck...did you do that?'

I didn't know