Chapter 13

"What...what is that?!" I snap at the paper before crumpling it up and marching back outside. "Oh my god, where's Susie?"
     "Michael, why the stressed look? That'll give you wrinkles y'know." My mother cuts in as I frantically spin in circles, scanning the area for any sign of a little girl.
     "Mum! Someone's taken Susie!" I shriek, handing her the crumpled up piece of paper as Ana grapes my hand in sorrow and fear.
     She reopens the paper only to find the note that her and Roger both read. "Club 30?!" They suddenly both say in unison. I raise my eyebrows in confusion.
     "What? What's Club 30?" I ask in my distressed manner.
     My mother pressed her lips together before looking back up at Roger for an answer. He lets out a sigh before beginning. "Club 30 is this kinda sketchy club that the boys and I used to go to to drink. Fred had a dealer there so we went there often but it's in the more run down part of Las Vegas. More crime and such." He explains.
     "I gotta go there." I murmur, looking down at my white suit outfit that I still had on even after the performance. "Fuck it, where's it at?"
     "Michael! Language!" My mother snaps as Roger slants his head up in thought.
     "Gee, it's been awhile but I know how to get there. I'll take you as far as I can cause...not gonna lie to you Mike, I don't wanna die." He sighs as my mother looks up at him with confusion.
     "Roger, are you trying to get my son killed? I don't approve, we'll call the cops instead." She says before pulling out her phone.
     "Wait!" Ana says, holding out her hand, halting her. "I...I can go to the police station myself. We can split up, just in case." She says before placing her hand on my shoulder sympathetically.
     My mother looks at both of us before shrugging. "Alright, my dears, just...Roger? Don't kill my son please." She begs as Roger heaves a smile.
     "I'd never." He replies before kissing her. As much as I liked Roger now, he could never remove the small grudge that I have towards him and my mother. "Let's go, Mike."
     "Alright, if I can't do anything, I'll meet you there...okay?" Ana pleads, cupping my face as I hold her waist.
     "Alright, be careful my love." I whisper before crashing my lips on hers.
     "You as well." She shakily replies before breaking away and rushing over to the exit on the opposite end of the stage. Seeing her disappear in the crowd of people, I whip around and follow Roger out the back door and to one of the awaiting Suburban.

     The drive was long...long and quiet. My whole body was shaking and I was pretty sure that someone was gonna get hurt either way. I just prayed Susie was still alive. "Wait..." I suddenly say, looking up at the driver through the mirror. "Where's Matt Andrews?"
     "Your assistant is the one that took Miss Molly back to the house, sir." He replies, as I gently play with my white fedora in my hands. I did not look ordinary but let's just hope the people at the bar won't think so.
     'That's right! I needed 100,000 cash.' I think before thinking for a second. Then I remembered the emergency cash under the seat next to me. Bending down, I pull out a small briefcase before throwing it onto my lap.
     Opening it, there lay 5 big stacks of 100 dollar bills. Hopefully enough to win back poor, little Susie's life.
     "Alright, stop here." Roger instructs,  allowing the drive to stop in front of a alleyway that's lead down a few yards before taking a turn. "Be careful, Mike"
     "What? This is it? Good lord." I breathe shakily before taking the briefcase and exiting the car. "Tell mother to wait at the police station with Ana. I shouldn't be long and don't wait for me." I instruct as I pull out my phone and show him that my SOS option was on.
"Alright son." He replies before rolling up the window and driving away. He was still a bit uncomfortable with calling me 'son.' I could tell.
Turning around, a cool breeze danced in my hair as I took my first few steps towards the light around the corner. Every step I took was either old, crunchy gravel or a small puddle from the day's earlier rain.
Swerving the corner, a street lamp illuminated a ring of light over the pavement that stood next to a small building. A lit up sign say above the door reading, "Club 30."
I set down the case to pull most of my hair into a small ponytail before picking it back up. The sound of people was definitely relevant as a thought came to my mine.
     'Maybe it'd be less threatening if I didn't bring the briefcase in.' I ponder before opening it back up to find the bills from before. Taking all five of them out, I shove them in the inner pockets of my coat before taking the leap of courage.
     Heaving a deep breath, I grasp the knob and swing open the door before entering. As soon as the door closed behind me, everyone stopped their talking, the music had stopped, and every face looked my direction.
     Straightening my back, I see at least 10 guys pull out a gun as if I was gonna threaten them. They were dressed as if I was the 1920s with suits and fedoras, like myself...although mine was purposely a costume, and the ladies in flapper outfits and other old aged clothes.
     "Well well well, what have we here?" A man in a black suit asks as he hops off the barstool with a gun ready in one hand.
     "That there's Michael Jackson, Bill." A lady sitting on one of the tables replies as she smoked a cigarette. A few heads whip around at her before glancing back up at me. 
     "Michael Jackson? Hell nah, you lying Mary Jane." He chuckles along with a few others. The dark woman rolls her eyes before hopping off the table and sashays towards me. She wore a sparkly green dress along with a white feather scarf hanging over her neck.
     She approaches me with confidence and even circles me a few times. "Yes sir, that there is Michael Mercury Jackson." 'God bless the internet.'
     "Well I'll be damned." Bill resumes as he lights himself a cigarette. It gave me time to take in the interior. It seemed to be a bar to the right of the door and tables and chairs to the left along with a large jukebox. There laid a pool table in the middle and a metal staircase to the side of that. I followed the staircase with my eyes until it lead up to a higher floor which consisted of only a hallway with 2 doors and a metal railing to match the floor. Reminded me of an old club you'd find in New York.
     "What business do you have here, stranger?" A man at the bar asks before shooting a shot of tequila it looked like.
     "I was told to meet here...something of mine was taken from me." I reply, being a vague as possible.
     "Ha, you outta talk to the boss about that then." He chuckles before going back to smoking his cigar. 'Boss?'
     "Alright then, may I speak with him?" I ask, puffing my chest out to look as tough as possible. Suddenly, everyone bursts out in laughter at my question. My chest lowered back down in humiliation.
     "Polite, British boy, aye?" Bill chuckles as he grabs ahold of a dart and throws it at the dartboard all the way across the room, hitting it smack dab in the middle. "You sure are Mister Jackson. Although, I'd like to see a bad side to you, Kid."
"So..." another says as the laughter dies down. "You wanna meet boss?" I nod my head, slowly regaining my confidence. "Well then, you better warm up pretty boy cause the only way you get to meet boss is if you dance."
     My lips spread into a smile before heaving a small laugh. But looking back up, no one else was laughing.
     "What's so funny, Jackson? You afraid?" Bill mocks as I take a deep breath.
     "Do I, at least, get to choose the song?"