Chapter 17

The date was set. Bill had walked into my room, prior to the announcement, and had told me the set date for the funeral would be today since their family couldn't afford a big one, it had to be set today.
     I nod my head as he leaves. Gazing up at the ceiling once more, I find the courage to sit up and think about something to wear. A black tux and fedora would do.
     I got dressed and even applied the slightly bit of makeup to my sulking face. Fixing my hair, by tying it back in a low ponytail, I grab my phone and walk out to the hallway that lead down to the staircase.
     "Bill?" I call out as I take my time on the stairs.
     "Yes sir?" He replies, standing properly at the door, waiting for me with very much respect in his eyes.
     "I...can you a bouquet of sunflowers? And search for a new staff member to take Mister Andrew's place?" I ask before finally reaching the bottom of the flight.
     "Of course sir. I'll have my men get right on it." He says before opening the door for me. The sun hit me with fierce as I had not been outside in 4 whole days.
     Maning up, I approach the limo before climbing in as well with Bill in the passenger seat. I was gonna try not to cry but seeing two caskets would already hurt me enough.
     We reached my jet where we boarded and took off to a San Diego, California. On my way there, I couldn't help but hear a tune in my head. A tune that sounded like a song I needed to write but the words were stuck. I hummed the notes most of the way there.
     We landed right on schedule and drove down to a graveyard somewhere away from the inner city. A few cars were lined up as we parked by the curb. 'They didn't have much of a family...'
     Getting out with two bodyguards on either side of me, I slide on some dark shades and make my way into the yard and towards where others were going. A few noticed me right off the bat and knew that I had had a relationship with either of them, so no further questions were asked about my arrival.
     I sat in the back so the family could get a small chance to reunite with their loved ones again. I didn't mind, I heard and saw everything anyways. Two caskets laid beside each other, a bigger one and a smaller one. I shed a few tears at the sight of the smaller one.
At some point, we all got up as most of the family sang a song. It was a song I didn't know since church was never my priority but I did stand up and clasp my hands in front of me with respect.
The song sounded to be in Latin, something I haven't sang in awhile. But it was...rather beautiful actually. The tune and key it was in was just marvelous. I then thought to my tune on the plane and how I correlate the two.
Still though, no lyrics came to mind and I was to never rush my childlike wits. The song ended, everyone shook hands and hugged before slowly maneuvering back to their vehicles. I took that time to politely receive the flowers I had asked for before going up to the caskets.
"For you, Molly..." I whisper before taking half of the bouquet and tossing them into the the ground, along with the casket. "And for you, Susie." I add before tossing the rest in.
I waited for a few seconds with my thoughts. Just when I was about to leave, another presence shows up beside me. Looking over, I find a girl with a similar figure and hair. She took off she sunglasses before turning to face me.
"I'm glad you could make it." Ana says before turning back to the two propped up pictures of the deceased. She wore a tight back dress and heels along with a large, black sun hat that went well with her look. She was just how I last remembered her.
"Me too." I swallow before also removing my shades and placing them in my pocket. I had almost forgotten that the two were sisters and that she would be here. Completely slipped my mind.
"Michael, I haven't been completely honest with you either..." she adds. I turn my head to find her purposely avoiding my eyes. "The doctors appointment that I said I was going to...that was a lie."
"What d'you mean?" I ask, fully turning my body to face her.
"I...when we first got there, I needed a bit more cash than I was making ever since the plane ride back from Gaga's tour. So, someone offered me to me a singer or performer at...at Club 30." She explains, closing her eyes as I stared back in confusion.
"I didn't know about Matt though I swear. It was only for a week while we were here because they needed a replacement. It wasn't like a strip club or anything, I just wore what they wore and sang a few songs here and there but I swear to you, Michael, that I didn't even know it was a gang or that someone would actually take Susie there. I just didn't want to be embarrassed because I worked for you and all. I just wanted to prove that I can take care of myself and that you didn't have to be with me every step of the way." She says in between short breaths as tears swelled up in her eyes. Not knowing what to do and also not wanting to see her cry, I quickly step foreword and wrap my arms around her.
"Ana, I'm so sorry and I completely understand. You're just independent and I 100% respect that." I reply as she slowly hugs me back.
"Oh Michael, I knew you were with her out of the goodness of her heart." She says but pauses before lifting her head and eyeing me. "The truth is, I didn't realize Susie was my niece because...I hadn't seen her in 7 years and I tried my best to stay away because Molly had been playing with drugs for a long time. I just...didn't want to get involved and then be the one to take care of the child she chose to have." She pauses again, even pulling a small smile. "I didn't realize how pure Susie would become. I wish I could've visited her a few times. She had a hard life for a 7 year old."
"Indeed she did." I sigh, looking down at the caskets as she lays her head back down on my chest. "Ana, what d'you think about dating? No lies, no issues, just...dating?" I suggest, swallowing hard as she lifts her head. Her eyes were glowing as her teeth showed a smile. And with that, she cups my face before pressing her lips to mine in a loving kiss.
     "I'd like that very much..."