Chapter 14

"Be my guest." He replies, opening his arm up to reveal the Jukebox what had Bluetooth attached to it. Walking over to it, I find everyone's eyes following me as I finally reach the box of tunes.
     Opening the Spotify on the small iPod, I opening the search bar and type in Michael Jackson. There, my name and face showed up allowing myself to click on it to find the top 5 songs and my follower count.
     My single Smooth Criminal was already number one. A smile spread across my lips before reaching in my pocket and pulling my phone it. Placing it on the table with a girl, I shoot her a wink before pressing play.
     "Ow!" It plays as well as the beat behind it. Tipping my hat down, I pretend I was back in my house in London when I was a kid, dancing down the hallway while my mother cooked and my father was at rehearsal.
     "As she came into the window, was the sound of a crescendo. He came into apartment, he left the blood stains on the carpet." I sing as the music boomed. People were slowly beginning to boo their heads to my music as I climbed on the stage and began to sing the chorus.
     They seemed to know the song for behind me, a saxophonist, piano player, and even a fiddle player joined in. "Annie are okay, will you tell us, that you're okay Annie? There's a sound at the window, then he struck you, a crescendo, Annie. He came into your apartment, left the bloodstains on the carpet. Then you ran into your bedroom, you were struck down, it was your doom!" I belt out before hopping off stage and circling the pool table once before climbing the stairs while repeating the lines, "Annie are you okay?"
     There I moonwalked for a few feet before singing again. "You're been hit by, a smooth criminal." I spin once, make a few things up and continue. "So they came into the outbreak, it was Sunday what a black day. Mouth to mouth resuscitation, spurning heartbeats, intimidation."
     I was actually somewhat feeling it. The people in the background danced along, some even in sync with one another as I pull a lever and lead the way down a new flight of stairs I had just lowered.
     "Annie are you okay, will you tell us that your okay? There's a sound at the window, then he struck you, a crescendo, Annie. He came into your apartment, left the bloodstains on the carpet. Then you ran into your bedroom, you were struck down, it was your doom!" 
     Hopping off, I join everyone else downstairs where some table had been moved. I repeat a previous move I had made up as well as a few other guys. This wasn't a gang, this was a bunch of people living in the dancing 20s.
     "Suddenly though, the bottom of my shoe gets caught in the small hole in the ground. Not wanting to ruin my chance to gain answers, I tip my hat and risk a slanted lean. It held me up nicely and people even cheered me on by the new move. 'I gotta write this down.'
     I manage to get my foot unstuck and continue to dance. Suddenly though, there were lights shining through the windows. We kept dancing but looked up at the lights that appeared to look like flashlights approaching us. Shuffling over to the box, I grab my phone as shadows of people appear near every window.
     "Michael, follow me!" The girl from before, Mary Jane, says before taking my arm and pulling me to the back of the room. There, laid a door. "Go up the stairs and take a right, Boss will be there." She says before trotting away. It looks like the police but I didn't have time to check, I raced through the door and down a small hallway.
     "Hold it right there, Jackson!" A voice echoes down a doorway. Walking back, I look through the opening to find a wooden staircase. At the top of the stairs stood a man holding a little girl. He covered her mouth as she squirmed, it was definitely Susie.
     "Susie!" I call out, beginning to climb the stairs until he pulls out a gun. I stop in my tracks before slowly stepping back down to ground level. "Who are you!?" I call out into the darkness. Raising his gun, he aims at the ceiling allowing rumble to fall on them but letting in the moonlight. There stood...Matt?
     "Matt? Wh...why are you doing this?" I beg as he hold the gun up to Susie's head. I see tears fall from her eyes as she holds them shut.
     "You know exactly what I want, Jackson. After years of working for your lazy ass, I finally get to lead my gang in peace." He replies as I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.
     "I don't understand. What gang?" I call out as the sound of people in the other room gets louder.
     "All these people, they're with me and if you would hand over the fucking money...we'll be able to buy a new place and live without interruption." He mutters before scrunching his face in almost displeasure. "Where's the money, Jackson?"
     "It's right here, just please, don't hurt Susie." I say as I careful reach in my pockets and pull out the five stacks. "Here, now let her g..."
     "Police! Open up!" A booming voice is heard at the door allowing our heads to turn to acknowledge it. 'Shit.'
     "You brought the fucking police?!" He snaps back at me, cocking the gun which was still against Susie's temple. I see her hands rip his from her mouth allowing her to speak for a split second.
     "Michael! Don't let him hurt me." She cried before being harshly slammed against the wall.
     "Shut it!" He barks before turning back to me as the slamming of the door grows louder. "You had one fucking chance, Jackson," he says as I toss the money up the stairs. "I've always fucking hated you and your stupid little friend!" He shouts before grasping the collar of her shirt and pushing her down the stairs.
     "Susie no!" I scream leaping towards her but she was too quick.