Chapter 7

Before I could finish, I was embraced by all six of my closest friends whom I haven't seen in years. "What're you all doing here?" I breathe, gasping for air.
"We came to see you, silly!" Laura, their 4th child, says. She was a bit younger than be but we still had some good times.
"So how have you been doing, Mike?" Robert, my number one best friend and their first born, says while patting my back.
"Um...fine?"
"Aye, who's the girl, Mike?" Chris, their 3rd child asks while nudging me in the ribs.
"Jesus guys, we aren't kids no more. You can't just...punch me." I pant, grasping my ribs in pain.
"Hi, I'm Ana." She introduces herself as the boys of the group wiggle their eyebrows at me in a teasing manner. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but are these the children of Mister John Deacon?"
"Sure is, love!" Josh replies, their 2nd kid.
"Wow, didn't expect for there to be that many." She chuckles as each and every one of them shakes her hand.
"Michael I caught another!" Susie announces before running in between us and showing me.
"Oh well would you look at that." I reply with smile as the deacons all look at me funny. "Oh sorry, this is Susie. She's my guest."
"Hiya! Wow, you're sure tall mister." She gasps at Robert who just smiles before straightening his back in pride.
"Well thank you miss. You wanna piggyback ride?" He asks as she nods her head for usual. He proceeds to carefully pick her up before swinging her on his back.
"Wow! Michael look at me!"
"Look at you!" I laugh as Ana appears next to me, her hand brushing against mine again. "why don't we all go inside before the bugs get bad?" I suggest as I swat a mosquito on Cameron's, their 5th, arm.
     "Good god, that sounds fantastic." Luke groans allowing us all to laugh before heading inside.
     There, I met up with my parents and the crew. Susie ran off to find her mother somewhere while I met with my uncles who also showed up unexpectedly.
     "Michael Mercury!" Freddie calls before pulling me into a hug with a lover standing right beside him. "How's my godchild doing?" He asks as I shake Jim's hand.
     "Oh quite fine thanks." I reply with a smile as John comes over. "Hi Deaky." I greet as he too pulls me into a hug. 
     "Robert told me about your new girlfriend. Why don't you introduce us to her?" He suggests as Freddie's ears almost perk up at the sound of a girlfriend.
     "Girlfriend? Since when dear?"
     "Lads, she's not my girlfriend. She's just one of my dancers and friends. That's all." I explain, turning my head to find Ana talking with my mother. She glances at my for a split second, a smile plastered to her face, before going back to the conversation.
     "Hmmm...no nephew of mine isn't gonna deny they're in love." Freddie says unexpectedly in my ear allowing myself to quickly turn to find him.
     "K, one: I'm technically not your nephew and two: I don't like her and even if I did, I don't think she'd like me back." I admit, glancing over to her again.
     "Ohhh, well she a beaut, Michael." Jim says, patting my shoulder twice before retrieving a glass of champagne from one of my maids.
     "She sure is." I reply, shoving a hand in my pocket as I too grab myself a glass of the fancy alcohol.
     "Ah Ha! I told you you liked her! Now here's whatcha gotta do:" Freddie starts, grasping my shoulder and pulling me close as he begins to mumble his plan. "Your mother tried this with your father, now all you gotta do is..."
     "Woah woah woah, Freddie. That was the 70s, that ain't gonna work in this era." I stop him, pulling alway form his grasp as I do so.
     "You didn't even let the lad finish." John adds, sliding his hand in his pocket while pulling a look of confusion my way.
     "Look, I appreciate the effort but I best be trying to do it my own way." I explain, slowly backing away as I leave the conversation. "Now, if you'd please excuse..." I whip around, hoping to finish my sentence but instead I feel impact hit me as well as a liquid on the front of my shirt.
     "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." A girl apologizes as I find her grab a nearby napkin before attempting to clean it from my chest. I smile at the sight of Molly.
     "Hey, don't sweat it, I mean it." I reply in a calm tone as I gently take her hand and pry it away from my damp chest. "I'm sorry I couldn't properly show you the house before hand. Susie was having fun in the amusement park." I explain as I grab myself a napkin and clean the mess myself.
     "Oh I'm glad. Again, I'm terribly sorry. I feel so embarrassed to spill champagne on Michael Jackson." She groans while burying her face in the palms of her hands. I smile at her behavior before placing my hand on her shoulder sympathetically.
     "Oh Molly please, just call me Michael and I'm like any other person here. No reason to treat me any differently." I coo to her as she looks up from her palms to expose her redness. "C'mon, you can pick out a shirt for me to change into." I say with a smile before leading her away from the people and up the stairs to where my room was. It was the last door down the hall and, of course, the biggest.
     "My closet's over there." I point to double doors to the left of my king size bed. I begin to unbutton the damp shirt as she explores the inside of my wardrobe.
     "Oh my goodness, what a large room." She gasps as she gracefully eyes all my shirts on hangers in every direction. She turns around for a split moment to find me half-shirtless before whipping back again. I silently laugh to myself at her actions.
     "Anything catching your eye?" I ask as she gently looks through the hangers of clothes before landing on a red, long sleeved button up.
     "I don't suppose you'll mind this, right?" She asks nervously before looking back to meet my eyes.
     "Not at all." I reply as she takes the shirt off the hanger and unbuttons it one by one.
"Uh...here." She says awkwardly before sticking her hand out allowing myself to retrieve the shirt.
I finally take the first shirt off before replacing it with the clean one. She blushes at the sight of my chest although she was fun to tease.
"Good pick, I kinda forgot I had this one." I chuckle as I button it up one by one. "C'mon, I'll show you you and Susie's room." And then, we walked side by side back downstairs and outside to the second house that attached to the first one.