Chapter 15

My heart stopped. I watched in horror as her head slams against a step and her screams come to a halt as she rolls down the stairs towards me. Blood pooled from her head to the last step as my knees grow weak and I immediately bent down to her.
"Susie? Susie darling it's okay, please wake up!" I cry as the police finally open the door and run down the hall and up the stairs. I pull her body to the side and sob into her dress. The blood from her head staining my suit but I didn't care. "Oh Susie, I'm so sorry. I was too late!" I cry, gritting my teeth at the pain in my heart.
     "Oh my god, Michael!" I hear behind me as a girl bends down beside me and pulls me into a hug. "I'm so sorry, they wouldn't believe me and I didn't know where the club was. I wish I could've gotten here sooner." She cries next to me as Susie's body continues to lay on me. I take my hat and take it off before shakily placing it over her lifeless face.
     "Paramedics! Let us handle this, guys." A paramedic says before a stretcher comes and they take Susie's body away from me. We both stand up, embedded in each other's arms as they placed a sheet over her and roll her away.
     "Oh my...Susie dear?" A voice is heard on the other end of the hallway as the stretcher was being rolled out. There, stood Molly, her face white and her body shaking. "Michael what..." she stops at the sight of Ana. They both make eye contact before Ana slowly pries away from me.
     "Molly?" Ana whispers why a shaky breath.  
     "Tatiana..." she mutters back. "What are you doing here?"
     "I was helping Michael look for S..." she stops. "It was her. That WAS Susie!" She exclaims, grasping her head in thought. "Molly, how long have you been here?"
     "I was at the concert and got here when Susie did. I spent the night at the house... why are you here?"
     "I'm his dancer! Oh my god..." she sighs as I look in between them. I did not know what was going on. "Michael...why did you tell me she was here all along?" Ana whimpers, almost as if she was gonna cry. Then it hit me.
     "Wait...you two are sisters?! God, this entire time I've been sleeping with sisters." I trail off but immediately shut my mouth at what I just said. "I mean..."
     "You what?!" Ana shrieks as Molly crosses her arms in pride. "You fucking slept with her?!"
     "It was a simple mistake and I didn't really know if we were a thing or not so..."
     "Deal with it Ana! He slept with me after sleeping with you." Molly snaps back.
     "Molly, stop!" I order, allowing her mouth to shut as Ana started to break down. "Ana dear, c'mon let's...lets talk..."
     "No!" She sputters. Her cheeks were flustered with red and her limbs shook. "Don't you ever fucking talk to me again!" She barks before marching away, leaving Molly and I.
     "Michael...where's Susie?" She stutters, eyeing the blood on my suit. Suddenly, a cop comes with a pen and paper.
     "Are you the mother of the deceased girl?"
     Molly froze. Grasping the wall, she looks between the cop and I before racing out of the hallway towards her daughter. "Molly wait!" I call out, chasing her as she caught with ambulance outside just putting the body in the back.
     "Oh my baby girl!" She cries, hovering over the body and cupping the girl's cheeks. "Oh Susie!"
     "Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to step back." A paramedic asks as she grasps her heart and her breathing increases. "Ma'am, are you alright?"
     "Molly? Molly hon, I'm right here. Can you hear me?" I ask as I wrap my hands around her, holding her up on her feet. Her eyes suddenly roll back and she collapses. "Oh god! We need a doctor!" I call as more paramedics come out of the ambulance to help.
     I step away as the analyze her. "Heart attack... we need another stretcher." One says to the other as my heart drops.
"Wait...wait!" I call out to one, grabbing their attention. "Is she gonna be okay?"
"We'll try our best sir." She replies before hurrying back to the ambulance and leaving as another one approaches the alleyway. I look back down into alley to find a police officer handcuffing Matt. 'Thank god.' I think before quickly taking out my phone and calling a driver.
"I need to get to the nearest hospital...quick!" I call into my phone before ending it and waiting on the sidewalk for them.

Seconds later, one of my drivers came and quickly followed after the ambulance. I was more worried about Molly now since Susie now rested peacefully. I wasn't sure what to make of the whole situation but I had to be there when Molly was mourning.
The ambulance wheeled her in as I was letting myself out. Barging into the hospital doors, patients from every direction stare at the blood stained suit as I follow the stretcher down to a room where they began do everything they could to get her heart to start back up.
I waited in the hallway as the doctors and nurses frantically try to get her heart to beat once again. Me, on the other hand, tried my best to stay calm as they began to worry.
People asked for autographs every so often but my guards swept them away. I was not in the mood for signing pictures of me in my moment because right now...this was definitely not my moment.
After waiting for an hour or so and sobbing here and there, they left the room and one even approached me. I stood up, straightening my jacket as he eyes the blood.
"She's conscious, you can go speak to her." He says before walking away to check on other patients. I practically sprint into the room and open the curtain to find Molly laying down, her eyes closed and her face somewhat bleached of its usual color and brightness. She was most definitely sick.
"Oh, Molly..." I whisper before pulling a nearby chair up to the side of her bed and taking a seat. "I'm so sorry this happened." I add before bowing my head down in shame as the tears slowly crawl back.
"It wasn't your fault..." I hear a faint whisper respond, allowing myself to raise my head to find her eyes halfway opened and a stern expression on her face. "Michael, there're some things that I've lied to you about." She whimpers as tears come to her eyes.
"Oh darling, it doesn't matter anymore. As long as you get better...that's all that matters." I assure, reaching over and gently stroking her, somewhat messy, hair.
"Michael..." she starts, slowly looking up to meet my eyes. "I...I don't have diabetes. I'm...I'm a..." she seemed to not be able to get the words out of her mouth as she sheds a tear. "I'm a heroin addict." She finally sputters, taking her wired hand and using it to cover her quivering mouth.
"Oh sweetheart..."