Chapter 6

I led her down to the backyard that stretched out to where the carnival was. At some point, she gently brushes her hand against mine before capturing it in hers.
     At that point, I didn't do anything but continue to show her around.
     "And that there is my llama, Louie." I explain before going up to the stable and gently petting the creature.
     "Aww, he's so cute. I just wonder," she pauses as Louie smells her hand. "How come so many exotic animals and less common ones? Like, I understand you are Michael Jackson but no dogs or anything?"
     "Oh I'm terrified of dogs. I dunno, I just always held a grudge towards them." I reply somewhat shyly. It was weird being afraid of dogs but it was true...I really was.
     "Michael!" I suddenly hear from behind me. Turning around with my hands clasped behind my back, I feel an embrace from my lower thighs and down. "I've been looking for you!" Susie says from below me.
     "Well hello there, little angel." I greet, crouching down and hugging her properly. "Where's your mother at?"
     "Oh she's inside talking with grown ups." She explains before looking up to meet Ana. Her eyes immediately widen as well as her smile. "Wow! You're so beautiful!"
     "Well thank you, hon." She chuckles before also crouching down beside me. "So you must be Susie. The pleasure is mine." She says before shaking her small hand.
     "Susie, how about we go play at the carnival while it's still a bit light out?" I suggest allowing her eyes to widen again before nodding.
     We were outside for hours. She rod my elephant, played on the Ferris wheel and roller coaster, jumped on the trampoline, and even splashed around a bit in the pool. It was truly one of the best nights of my lives, just pretending to be a kid again.
     We were currently out for a walk while Susie caught fireflies in the open yard. We watched her jump and tumble in the grass as we walked hand in hand. Suddenly, she lets out a sigh before gently resting her head on my shoulder.
     "This was truly a fun night, Michael. Thank you again for giving me this job." She says as we continue to slowly walk on the dirt road.
     "Oh please, it was my pleasure. You were ten times better than my last dancer anyways." I admit as I see Susie leap up into the air and clasp her hands before coming down. Suddenly her eyes light up.
     "Michael Michael! I caught one!" She cheers before running over to us and carefully opening her hands to reveal the glowing insect.
     "Hey Susie, you wanna know a secret?" Ana asks before the little girl nods her head in excitement. "My mother used to tell me if you make a wish on a firefly, they'll fly away and carry your wish to the stars. There, they'll come true." She explains, my mind flowing with the magic from her words.
     "Wow! You think it works, Michael?" She asks, turning to me.
     "Sure, go on and try it." I suggest with a smile as she cups her hands again from closing her eyes and whispering.
     'I wish for my daddy to come back.' I hear her whisper allowing my smile to slowly fade before she opens her hands up again and the bug flies away. "Bye bye! Carry it to the stars, Flashy!"
     "You named it Flashy?" I repeat with a small chuckle, but her words were still kept in the back of my mind.
     "Yep! I'm going to catch more!" She announces before skipping back into the grass barefoot.
     "It's amazing really. She sorta reminds me of my friend's daughter. Although I haven't seen her in years, she just has that spark, y'know?" She says allowing myself to nod at her words. Still, the question lingered in the back of my head and then got me wondering if she heard her too.
     "Ana...did you happen to hear her wish..." I was trailed off by the sound of a car parking in the driveway. It was a black suburban and it seemed to be one of my guards driving someone.
     "Sorry what was that Michael?" She asks as I don't take my eyes off the car.
     "Hold on, I gotta see who's here. It's getting late anyways." I add, looking down at my watch ready 7:30. "Susie! Put your shoes on, it's time to come inside!" I call out to her. She stops in her tracks, nods her head, before going over to her shoes and slipping them back on.
     I then hurry over to where the car was. There, stood 6 people: 5 guys and 1 girl. "Hey, can I help you?" I ask allowing them all to turn around before all breaking into smiles.
     "Michael!" They all shout.
     "Deacons?"