Chapter 10

"Alright, I'll meet you there!" She calls out to me before exiting the house and climbing into one of my suburbans with one of my drivers.
     I hold my smile at the thought of her and I possibly becoming a thing. But my thoughts were quickly payed by the feeling of a set of arms wrestling me behind my back.
     "Hey there Jackson!" Robert's voice echos as he wrestles me like when we were kids. Although, I was never the wrestling type but more of a dancer or even reader.
     "Good morning to you too, Robert." I reply while gasping for air. He lets go of me and playfully punches my arm before joining his siblings in the dining room. "Morning Fred!" I call out it my uncle who drags his lazy self down the stairs.
     "Ahhh, Michael Mercury!" He sings back. 'God, his voice was like magic. I could never compare.'
     "Breakfast is in the dining hall, your majesty." I joke as he walks by wearing a kimono robe. We both had the wildest nicknames for each other by our personal favorites were 'your majesty,' and 'Michael Mercury.'
     "Good heavens, thank the stars." He says dramatically while throwing his hand on his forehead as if a damsel in distress.
     I heave a laugh before making my way to the second house to see if Molly was awake. Playing with my necklace with one hand, I gently knock on the door. I had still worn the necklace that dad gave me before he died. I never take it off.
      The door opens quickly and a little head pops out.
     "Michael! Good morning!" She exclaims in a excited tone while keeping the door slightly closed. "Mommy's getting dressed. Just a sec." she says before closing the door again as I heave a laugh. 'Oh if only I had that same amount of energy as a kid.' According to my mother, I was so quite that when I was born, in Wembley stadium, I didn't make a sound throughout the whole night. She would tell me how blessed she was with that small gift.
     After a minute or so, the door swings open again to reveal Susie in a white dress that with her white pigtails in her hair. "Hey there, princess." I greet as she swings around my legs.
     "Oh Susie, don't you bother him." Molly scolds as she continues to brush her hair. We meet eyes for a split second before turning away with red faces.
     "Billie Jean is not my lover!" She sings loudly before jumping around and pretending to be me. "Michael, can you moonwalk for me, pleaseeeeee?" She pleads as I continue to silently laugh at her energy.
     "Alright, not sure if I can in these shoes, though." I chuckle before nervously walking over to an empty area and moonwalking like the iconic videos on YouTube.
     "Wow!" She cheers while clapping. I take a small bow before going back over to her and Molly who was still acting a bit shy. "Hey, Michael? Look at this!" She claps before pulling out a small box from the pocket of her dress and holding it up to me. "Look!" She opens the box, allowing music to slowly play from it and a small ballerina to softly spin in a circle.
     "Wow." I breathe, kneeling down to get a better look. "Where'd you get it, hon?"
     "Anna gave it to me last year. But mommy says I shouldn't play with it too much or else I'll break it." She explains before closing it and skipping back into her room to put it away. I chuckle at her explanation before turning to face Molly.
     "Michael, what d'you reckon that we'll do today?" She asks as she applies a little mascara to her lashes. She was applying way more makeup than she did yesterday.
     "Well, I have a concert tonight and you all are certainly invited. I leave in 10 minutes so you can certainly join me if you'd like." I suggest as Susie continues to try and moonwalk like me.
     "Oh please mommy? Please please pleaseeeeeeee?"
     "Well of course. Thank you for the offer Michael." She replies before grabbing a small pair of sandals and delivering them to Susie. "Let's get ready, hon." She instructs to her daughter who pulls a pout before following her instructions.
     "And Susie, you get to see me perform from backstage. Only very lucky people get to see me from backstage." I explain allowing her face to brighten even more.
     "Oh shoot, Michael could you fetch my purse please? It's on the bed." She points over to the room as she fixes her face and hair in her hand mirror.
     "Of course." I reply before entering her room to find the bed made and everything put away nicely. 'If only all guest can be this tidy.' I think before locating her purse in the middle of the bed.
     Grabbing the straps and drag it off the bed only for a few things to spill out. "Oh shoot." I whisper before bending down and placing the items back in her bag.
     I pick up a few makeup items but stop when I see something else on the ground. Three dirty syringes lay on floor as I try to organize my thoughts. They were brown and didn't seem clean at all.
     Not wanting to take too long retrieving only a purse, I shove them in the bag and hurry back over to Molly who had finished her makeup. "Oh, thank you so much, Michael." She thanks as Susie tugs on my shirt.
     "No problem. What's up, Little Susie?" I ask the little girl who stops and drops her jaw. "What?" I laugh.
     "I like that!" She remarks, her eyes filled with wonder as she repeats the name Little Susie in a sing-song tone. "Anyways, can I get on your shoulders?" She asks, lifting her arms and reaching for mine.
     "Alright, sugar." I reply before bending down far enough where she could hop on my shoulders. She succeeds and holds onto my head before announcing, "ready!"
     I lift her up which was when she let out a small squeal before bursting out in uncontrollable laughter. "Wee!" She giggles as Molly and I walk down the hallways until we finally met the first house.
     "Watch your head, Little Susie." I warn before she ducks her head, still holding onto me as I meet up with my parents and Matt by the front door.
     "The limo is...waiting for you sir." Matt says, eyeing Susie on my shoulders before looking back without questioning.
     "Y'all can ride in the second one. Molly, Little Susie, and I will be in the first one." I explain as Susie gently plays with my curls.
     "If you say so, darling." My mother shrugs before allowing Matt to lead her out to the car. It was sad seeing my mother grow old, even Roger who've I hated for half of my life.
     I carry Susie out to the car where I then set her down for her to crawl in along with Molly. I sat next to Molly while Susie took the other seat completely to herself.
     "Wow! Look at all the people!" Susie gasps while looking out the window. I smile at her speechless expression when the thought of the syringes came back to my mind. 'I gotta bring it up. She could be in danger.'
     "Um...Molly?" I murmur while Susie was distracted. She turns her head to meet my eyes. It was then that I saw how beautiful she actually was.
     "Yes?"
     "I um, don't mean to intrude but I...uh, some syringes happened to fall out while I was grabbing your purse. What's...what're they used for?"

Please vote, it means so much to me ❤️