1.

I sat there biting the inside of my cheek as I watched in amazement as she played. She was amazing. I was currently at my little sister's piano recital. Chloe was beautiful with her captivating blue eyes and long, perfect, straight, blonde hair. She was the definition of an "it" girl. Everyone worshiped the ground she walked on. Including me...We sat in the front row in the seats numbered for us as we watched her preform the same song the same way she had been practicing it for months-perfectly.

I saw the stares of my parents friends and the scowls of Chloe's friends; I ignored them and focused on my little sister. I knew I didn't fit in with them. Everyone looked at me and they remembered my long trip away from "home"... I ignored that too. I just wished everyone else ignored me like my family did. I usually wasn't even invited to events with them. My mother tried to keep me away from the social aspect as much as possible. She only let Chloe and Charlie go with her and my father. I only came if someone continued to ask about me. I'm guessing tonight was one of those occasions.

She finished her last note and everyone stood immediately, clapping at her flawless execution. I was a second late and to watch everyone to make sure I was doing it right. I caught my mother's scowl and swallowed as I directed my attention to the bowing Chloe. She was perfect. She looked at our row and her face lit up. She even smiled at me until she realized what she was doing. Her perfect smile was replaced with a grimace of disgust as she walked off of the stage. I cleared my throat as I stopped clapping and ignored my mom's look of satisfaction.

I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Charlie, I was shocked, but as soon as the comfort had come it was gone and the look of sorrow was replace by a scowl.

"Move." he ordered pushing me making me trip over my feet and into my mom.

"Can you get it right for once, Joe?" She snapped grabbing my arm painfully tight. I winced and nodded wishing I could just fix the crooked broach on her sweater.

"What are you staring at freak?" Chloe snapped coming into view.

I shook my head. "N-nothing. Excuse me." I walked briskly away and tried to go escape the looks of failure.

I was in the hallway tucking the loose hairs into my bun when I heard them arguing.

"I don't care about being a fuck up." He said laughing humorlessly.

"You don't even try River." His mom, Mrs.Dallas was begging him to come inside and stick out the rest of the show.

"Fuck this. It's boring. I hate being forced to come here. Its all an act anyway." he was walking towards me. I tried to turn and look as if I wasn't eavesdropping but he saw me. He caught my eye and smirked. My breath caught in my throat as I tried to calm my racing heart. He was beautiful.

"Care to join me freak?" He said raising a brow. My eyes widened and my heart went right back into overdrive.

"N-no thank you." I looked anywhere but in his face. If I did I wouldn't be able to look away.

"Fine." he snapped as he pushed past me and pulled out a blue and black pack of cigarettes.

I walked down the hall to the bathroom when Mrs.Dallas grabbed my arm.

"Please follow him. I'll tell your mother you're helping me." She offered me and smile as she grabbed my arm making me flinch.

"B-but I was-

"Please Joe." She said a little harsher than her original tone.

I don't know if it was the look in her eyes or the fact that she needed me for something that made me comply, but I was definitely losing it.

"Okay. I don't have a car though." I said looking away from her. She yanked out a pair of keys.

"Silver Benz out front. Not a scratch." she said looking at me seriously. But the look wasn't rude or harsh. It was...motherly. How could he be so rude to her? Caroline Dallas was the definition of sweet. She was a trophy wife to her husband. I believe she wrote three best selling erotica novels and she was in a movie. Yet, her biggest and best accomplishment, in her words, was River. I sighed and nodded before I walked away from her going outside to see him sitting on the stone steps with a flask.

He didn't even look up from taking a long gulp at his drink before speaking, "Going somewhere Freak?"