Chapter 3

Wednesday

~Jayden pov

I have a basketball game tonight and Annie's cheering at it. Since Devenity has a volleyball game at another school tonight i don't have her to cheer me on. It's cool it's whatever. My other friends can do it. I just really wanted my baby to do it tonight🥺. It's currently 7:20 pm and I'm at my house getting ready for my game. I'm in uniform I'm just fixing my hair. I just straightened it and brushed it out so it will be bouncy and flowy. After I did that i sat down on my bed and started fixing my shoes and my phone started ringing. I grabbed it off the nightstand which was on the charger and saw 'Bestie 4L🤪❤️' calling. I answered.

FaceTime

"heyyy" she said with a smile. I'm not in the mood.

"hi" I said while fixing my shoes

"what's wrong why do you sound so down?" She asked looking concerned. I shrugged.

"it's a lot on my mind right now" I said softly

"is it because dev won't be there to cheer you on for your last home game?" She asked

"well...yeah.." I said softly. I got up.

"jayde you know she has a game she has to be at so you can't be upset about her not being there it's not like she can miss her game and stay to watch yours" she said while I was walking around trying to find my mouth guard. I found it.

"how would you feel if Asher didn't show up to your game last home game before championship? You'd feel horrible" I said while walking into the bathroom. I set my phone up on the counter then turned on the sink to clean my mouth guard.

"yeah I'd feel bad but I'd also have to understand and get over it this isn't something i can solve so why be sad over it?" She said while I cleaned my mouth guard. I finished cleaning it then turned off the sink. I grabbed my phone.

"that's my baby though and she's the only one who i look forward to seeing at my games" I said softly to her

"what do you want to eat?" She asked me

"why?" I asked

"actually don't even worry about it i already know, I'll be over to pick you up for the game in 10 minutes so be ready" she said then smiled. She's being weird🤨😂. I smiled slightly but tried to hide it but she saw me anyways and giggled.

"okay" I said with a slight smile

"k bye i love you" she said with a smile

"i love you too" I said with a slight smile then she hung up. I walked out my bathroom and grabbed my mouth guard case and put it in there then grabbed my basketball bag which is full of extra clothes I have to change in after the gym and water that's it. My phones on 98% good enough. I turned off all my stuff in my room then went downstairs. My parents are here in the living room.

"you guys have work tonight or no?" I asked them

"no late shifts tonight maybe next week" my dad said

"aww look at how big you've gotten i remember when you were just a tiny baby😍" my mom said. She does this all the time and wonders why I never really bring Dev over only my squad.

"okay yeah I've got a game to be at in a few minutes so I'll be there til 9:30" I said to them

"Dev picking you up?" My dad asked

"no she has a game to be at so Annie's picking me up" I said

"aww devy won't be there?" My mom asked