Scene 3 - Jeff Tracy

Tracy Island, an exterior shot of the house of the light shining onto it. The Tracy Lounge, John at the centre with the holographic beam from his thee eyes of his portrait on the wall, and the Tracy family, including Max, sat around the centre desk. Meanwhile, Jeff sits at his desk at the back listening to John report. Another 3D holographic display is presented to them as Thunderbird 5 explains the situation.

John:

So Colonel Henderson launched the rocket simply because he wanted to see a missile launch at Atlantica.

Gordon:

Well, who wouldn't want to go all the way to Atlantica and not see a missile launch? I know you can't strictly launch one without proper authority, but man Atlantica looks epic!

Jeff:

That's enough Gordon. Atlantica stores ever known missile still in existence.

Alan:

So like a storage dump for old missiles from the last two centuries. Cool?

Scott:

There is nothing to be cool with about Atlantica, Alan. It isn't so well guarded for no reason. Anything within a five-mile radius, person or aircraft, will be targeted a hostile threat and the rockets will be launched.

Jeff:

Right Scott.

Jeff rises and heads to the centre where his family wait for the brief.

The sort of things that should be put away for good – properly!

Alan:

And now the Colonel wanted to launch one just to see what would happen.

Jeff:

That's Colonel Henderson for you.

Virgil:

You know him dad?

Jeff:

Course I do Virgil. A pompous and self-impertinent officer. The guy who's way too big for his own boots, and a mouth and arrogance the inverse ratio to his brain. Can't exactly say I've missed him. What else to report John?

John:

The VGR had some fault that it can't be destructed. Now the rocket is left to crash on a collision course with the passenger vessel U007810810. Or if the fuel doesn't have enough to reach its programmed target, then it will crash back down to Atlantica and send it into an inferno.

Brains:

It will be a l-little more than just Atlant-tica. Ev...Even I don't know, the destruction that can be cc-caused.

Jeff:

How long will it be before the rocket hits the passenger's vessel?

John:

At the current speed it's travelling which fortunately isn't too fast will collide in... approximately twenty minutes.

Gordon:

That doesn't sound that bad, right?

Brains:

Gordon, who kn,knows exactly how big the b-blast radius will be if it co-collides with its t-target.

Jeff:

Right Brains. And for all we know it could drop like a stone back to Atlantica and be the catalyst for a holocaust in North America. But first of all, we gotta get up there and stop that rocket from colliding with its target. Virgil, Gordon, Brains and Max, take Pod 4 and leave for Atlantica immediately. Scott, Alan, you take Thunderbird 3 and intercept that rocket. Ok boys, Thunderbirds Are Go!